The Official Star Wars thread

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18% rating on rottentomatoes. Yikes. Methinks critics are being extra harsh for the hell of it.

Read some of the review snippets over there. They are hilarious! Kids movie or not, the creators should realize that the SW franchise has cross-generational appeal. Look at Pixar. They do a good job of creating stories that are entertaining to both kids and their parents.

Has anyone heard of this fan edit of the prequel trilogy? It's called the Star Wars Prologue and you can see a trailer here. It sounds interesting. I have zero desire to watch any of the prequel films again, but I'd watch a 2.5-3 re-edit combining all three films. It sounds like the aim is to make it more like Star Wars and Empire in tone.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always that that was a little out of place in the movies. It seems like everything else is a little cartoony and mild. Sure, planets are being blown up and ships explode, but you never really see anything. Then there are the two charred bodies. I know they were trying to fake a raid by the sand people, but thats just cold.

I always that that was a little out of place in the movies. It seems like everything else is a little cartoony and mild. Sure, planets are being blown up and ships explode, but you never really see anything. Then there are the two charred bodies. I know they were trying to fake a raid by the sand people, but thats just cold.

Lucas has a sadistic streak - how about that scene in Revenge of the Sith where Anakin finds the kindergartner Jedis?

Lucas has a sadistic streak - how about that scene in Revenge of the Sith where Anakin finds the kindergartner Jedis?

the younglings! no!

I know Lucas is sadistic. He made me watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I know Lucas is sadistic. He made me watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

It takes two to tango, but making that movie was mildly sociopathic.

I didn't make that Aunt Beru/Uncle Owen thing, for the record.

Just posting it is enough. :yay

• 4 months later...