the boy least likely to

hello,

we've put two new songs up on our myspace page for you to listen to. the first song is called 'the boy least likely to is a machine' and the second song is called 'a balloon on a broken string', and they're both taken from our new album which will be released in the summer. there is more news and a tiny bit more detail in a weblog also called 'two little songs'.

also, this week we're making a new website. so if you go there you won't find anything except for a page telling you that we're making a new website and a link to our myspace page. so it's probably best just to go straight to our myspace page for news and things.

i hope you like the new songs.

with love from

the boy least likely to

x

MySpace

FINALLY!

I can't count how many times I've asked (out loud and in my head) I've asked if they were working on a new album. Their first album is one of my all time favorites, I think. There is so much emotional depth to that album. I find it describes me better than any album I've ever heard.

FINALLY!

I can't count how many times I've asked (out loud and in my head) I've asked if they were working on a new album. Their first album is one of my all time favorites, I think. There is so much emotional depth to that album. I find it describes me better than any album I've ever heard.

My sentiments exactly. It seems like 8 years since there first and only album came out.

One of the things I love most about The Best Party Ever is that it is emotionally deep, yet still I can play it for my little nieces and nephews and they laugh and dance. We all love it, probably for different reasons, but we all love it... :yes

In fact, the new songs caused me to pull the debut out for the first time in a while. Still amazing...

And, I'm gushing. :blush

One of the things I love most about The Best Party Ever is that it is emotionally deep, yet still I can play it for my little nieces and nephews and they laugh and dance. We all love it, probably for different reasons, but we all love it... :yes

In fact, the new songs caused me to pull the debut out for the first time in a while. Still amazing...

And, I'm gushing. :blush

I am listening to the debut.

I guess I have a really weird reaction to it, but this album is really heavy, to me. Musically it is so happy, but lyrically it really gets to me. It's a very melancholy feeling when I listen to it. But I love it.

I hear ya - the lyrics ARE really heavy and amazing and touching. I just love how Jof & Peter manage to create such a bouncy feel to material that is so weighty. It's nice to be able to play the disc for the kids in my life that I love because I know they'll like the beat without knowing what the songs are "truly" about. I've thought about these guys almost constantly since they released TBPE in 2005 and now that a new album is on the horizon, with 2 songs that are extraordinarily promising, I'm soooooooo excited!!

The potentially sad thing is I saw them in Boulder summer of '06 at a venue that was WAY too big for them. The theatre holds around 700 people, and if there was 100 for that show I'd be amazed. If memory serves (OK, not bloody likely, but still) there were probably around 50 of us there.

But I'm still holding out for them coming back. And also to Miami... :cheers

So, when are you gonna move already? ;)

btw, I've been admiring your schrutebuck avatar for some time now... well done.

I plan on being in Chicago within 6 months of receiving my degree in journalism (with a concentration in music).

I hear ya - the lyrics ARE really heavy and amazing and touching. I just love how Jof & Peter manage to create such a bouncy feel to material that is so weighty. It's nice to be able to play the disc for the kids in my life that I love because I know they'll like the beat without knowing what the songs are "truly" about. I've thought about these guys almost constantly since they released TBPE in 2005 and now that a new album is on the horizon, with 2 songs that are extraordinarily promising, I'm soooooooo excited!!

is it possible these guys are the next they might be giants? (uh oh, here come the hyperbole police!!!)

i do like 'the best party ever'. it makes me so happy.