How long have we been here?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time member/lurker although my sign up date doesn't really indicate that.

I remember when there were a couple of competing boards for alt.country bands, 2000 or 2001. There was one board I was scared to post on but they were a funny bunch and I remember some crossover in the early days of ViaChicago and this other board. Particularly when TweedyGurl first started posting. I remember the people on the other board thought she was someone having a laugh and she had to really convince everyone she was who she was.

There was also a poster on the early days of ViaChicago from Philadelphia. I can't remember his name but he was big into Randy Newman, the Kinks and was a writer. I always enjoyed his posts.

It took me a while to re-sign up once the board reset.

Cheers.

There was also a poster on the early days of ViaChicago from Philadelphia. I can't remember his name but he was big into Randy Newman, the Kinks and was a writer. I always enjoyed his posts.

hearfullofholes? godshapedhole? mike.. was that his name?

We met him at the Loose Fur shows too!

hearfullofholes? godshapedhole? mike.. was that his name?

We met him at the Loose Fur shows too!

That was Heartfulofholes... FrOnk and I were also at the Loose Fur shows, along with the Legendary James P. Walsh, who has never owned a computer, let alone joined a message board. I think we were too shy to say hello to you guys, and then we went and got drunk on Staten Island.

That was Heartfulofholes... FrOnk and I were also at the Loose Fur shows, along with the Legendary James P. Walsh, who has never owned a computer, let alone joined a message board. I think we were too shy to say hello to you guys, and then we went and got drunk on Staten Island.

Al and I were at the Loose Fur shows too but I was way too shy to look for any VCers.

I remember when there were a couple of competing boards for alt.country bands, 2000 or 2001. There was one board I was scared to post on but they were a funny bunch and I remember some crossover in the early days of ViaChicago and this other board. Particularly when TweedyGurl first started posting. I remember the people on the other board thought she was someone having a laugh and she had to really convince everyone she was who she was.

those were the good ol' days!

does anyone still have their 'i believe in tweedy's girl' t-shirts?

I also remember the orange pages from a few years back. Stirred up quite a bit o' poop, did that.

Actually, I've always loved the ease of use and readability of this site. Other places I've checked out seem completely counterintuitive. (Is that really one word?) And we haven't changed the look here for quite some time. How does that happen?

I also remember the orange pages from a few years back. Stirred up quite a bit o' poop, did that.

Wasn't that a special Halloween thing? Personally, it made my eyes hurt, so I stuck with the standard.

The current 2 skins we have to choose from aren't very different at all. Is it difficult to set up a new one? Does it cost extra $$? If yes to either, then I don't care and the current look is fine, but if it's a matter of someone choosing a new skin from a set of pre-fab designs, I'm all for it. Just for the hell of it, y'know.

You thieving bastard.

(that was where i post my response in the form of something taken out of context from a another thread or post, oh, I don't know, like - "proven to be true" or "don't taze me bro!" or something to that effect. i'm like a toddler with a new word or phrase who can't help but repeat it and repeat it and repeat it and....)