How long have we been here?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined in '01 in the fall or sometime around there. I downloaded YHF when it leaked and was blown away. I was a fan of the band but I wanted to find a board to talk about it/the record company and so on, thus finding this place. People have changed their screen names over the years, so I have forgotten many of the original posters and who they were/are.

Now, real life has caught up to me and I have less time to be a loser in.

I remember meeting him after the monumental Poughkeepsie show. Oh yeah, and you too. :cheekkiss

Wish I knew of this place and you guys back then!

I remember meeting him after the monumental Poughkeepsie show. Oh yeah, and you too. :cheekkiss

Was that the first time we met? It's a blur.

Yep! What a great time up there. I so clearly remember FrOnk's exchange with the security guy...

Security Guy: "No knives allowed in the venue... do you have any knives on you, sir?"

FrOnk: "No."

*guy frisks FrOnk*

Security Guy: "Well, what's this?"

FrOnk. "A knife."

Yep! What a great time up there. I so clearly remember FrOnk's exchange with the security guy...

Security Guy: "No knives allowed in the venue... do you have any knives on you, sir?"

*guy frisks FrOnk*

FrOnk. "A knife."

Didn't one or both of you guys bring brownies to that show? And I don't mean "brownies."

i miss wilca!

what was the screenname of the third person? i want to say 'the prettiest star' but i could be wrong...it was something with a star...

i was totally gonna be their hoT roadie.... back when wilco still had hoT roadies.

wilca has no plans for a residency but Katie (prettieststar, you're right!) was just asking me about a reunion. and oh yeah, hoT roadies! remember when Jeff introduced them as hoT roadies at the first aud shows? hahaha. we were so embarassed. sort of.

austrya- i remember when that happened with leroy... i had already left but i'm glad i got to hear the story of leroy's wilca fandom. we worked hard on that record and the album art! thanks :)

Was that the first time we met? It's a blur.

I met all of you there! Mrs. and Mr. Peel; Mart, Patti, and FrOnk; legalsandwichguy...

Wish I knew of this place and you guys back then!

I know!!!

*guy frisks FrOnk*

FrOnk. "A knife."

Hee!

Didn't one or both of you guys bring brownies to that show? And I don't mean "brownies."

I think I'm remembering cookies. :eat

I met all of you there! Mrs. and Mr. Peel; Mart, Patti, and FrOnk; legalsandwichguy...

That's right! What a great show. Remember, Mikey from American Chopper was there too! I think I was more starstruck being around him than by Wilco.

That was also the night I met kidsmoke, and the night she stayed at my house with her son and jimtweedy!

You may be thinking of Mr. Heartbreak?

I don't think it was me. I'm pretty mellow.

Did you used to have a different screen name?

whoever had their wife as their avatar, and yes, I used to be aricandover.

I joined to try to get in touch with people who may have talked with my late friend Roberto before he passed in May 2001. Actually, I don't think I've ever asked if anyone remembers him.

Dude from Boston, a drummer, Red Sox, Dylan, Dock Boggs, Salinger fan, never slept, screenname was probably winboog. Any bells?

I remember a guy named stinkboog.

if i remember correctly, there was such a squeal from the audience (or a very specific portion of the audience anyways) when he mentioned the hoT roadies... such excitement at the moment of realization that the band actually read stuff that we were writing! :-O

Ha! That must have been a fun moment. :wub

Obviously I only joined in Aug of 07. My first Wilco show was in '95, but I was oblivous to a fan board for a very long time. I'm glad I finally joined because I've met some very kind VCers at shows since then.