How long have we been here?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea how I remember the date other than I seem to have a good memory for dates (as Christy could tell you). I have no memory as to why I signed up, though, since I had never before joined a message board.

I remember my first post.

It was a "what crappy concerts have you been to lately" and I had just seen Chicago a couple days before. I remember BrandonZ being really confused because he knew me IRL and didn't know it was me posting and he was ranting about how everyone is going to see Chicago lately and how much they suck.

Jay had been trying to get me to post since he joined, but like him, I was never on a message board before and I was a little freaked out to post.

My first too. I was on a couple old school emailing lists for bands, where every email you wrote went to everyone else on the list. But this was my first proper message board experience.

I don't know when I originally signed up but I'd say it was probably the second half of 2002.

really the only one I still frequent (other than boards for things like fantasy baseball leagues that I'm in)... I hit the lotto the first time out! :cheers

This is the only board I check every day. Besides a few movie-related sites that I occasionally stop at, it's the only one I have time for.

I joined in November 2004, but I lurked for a long while before that. Creepy, eh?

Via Chicago, that is? I first joined in spring/summer 02, but everything got reset in June 03. When did VC first go online?

I seem to remember joining this board or some precursor somehwere in late 01 or 02. But I went inactive for a while and forgot my screen name.

So I just rerolled (as it were).

I seem to remember joining this board or some precursor somehwere in late 01 or 02. But I went inactive for a while and forgot my screen name.

So I just rerolled (as it were).

I don't think I will post anymore...I like being a KINGPIN.

I joined to try to get in touch with people who may have talked with my late friend Roberto before he passed in May 2001. Actually, I don't think I've ever asked if anyone remembers him.

Dude from Boston, a drummer, Red Sox, Dylan, Dock Boggs, Salinger fan, never slept, screenname was probably winboog. Any bells?

i joined late summer 2002 (august or september, i think). those were the good old days where you could have the last post in every forum and when there was a west coast late night crew that was really funny to post back and forth with. i remember when i flew to columbus and went to the Ann Arbor and Columbus shows in Oct 02- i posted a thread asking for the best routes between the cities and everyone was really helpful and nice. VC was the place where I met people like Kate and Kristina, who generously offered lodging for a couple girls they never knew. Heck, Kristina offered her parents' house and she wasn't even there! i'm not knocking newbies, i have no problem with new fans of the band, but when there are fewer people, it is easier for everyone to get along. vc used to be way nicer and more fun :(

anyway, didn't vc develop after the board at the band's website shut down?

I joined in January of 2003. I know I joined on the same day as Natalie (Saint Genevieve), and maybe also Kristina? If not, within a day or two. I think I found a link to VC from Jane's old Timeline site. I was already mildly active on a U2 message board at the time, and when I found this place I knew immediately that it would be sucking up an equal or greater amount of my time. Clearly, it's had more staying power for me. :) This is the only message board I check with any frequency - I visit a few other music-related boards right before or after I see concerts, but rarely post anything.

I also miss the days when VC was a smaller, friendlier site - but I'm glad we've managed to stay a mostly civil bunch, and am very glad Wilco has collected so many new fans in recent years.

I miss Jane, she made me a tote bag made out of duct tape. I miss Guiness too.

Alison, I remember you giving the band a tape you and Jasmine made. They listed to it and then LeRoy came out and asked if I was the one who gave it to them because they really liked it. I didn't realize it was you until well after that when you posted about it on here.

Alison, I remember you giving the band a tape you and Jasmine made. They listed to it and then LeRoy came out and asked if I was the one who gave it to them because they really liked it. I didn't realize it was you until well after that when you posted about it on here.

When is the Wilca residency?