Happy Birthday Doc Watson

An American Original. An incredible contribution to music, particularly in Bluegrass. Anyone not familiar with him or the style of flat-picking and is curious there are loads of albums he's done. A few years ago he put out an album called The Three Pickers featuring Earl Scruggs, Ricky Skaggs, and of course himself. An amazing album featuring three guys who define the genre.

Yay Doc! :birthday :guitar

One of the true virtuosos. This guy turned my head completely around when I was a young man.

Yeah, he's a real treat to see live. The past couple of years my father and I have gone down to Merlefest, the concert he puts on in North Carolina, and I've caught several of his sets. Lammycat and Mountainbed hit the nail on the head with their comments.

--Mike

Yay Doc! :birthday :guitar

One of the true virtuosos. This guy turned my head completely around when I was a young man.

Me too...I saw him at Amazingrace a couple times back in the 70s with Merle. Amazing stuff.

LouieB

• 4 years later...