Spiritualized - Where to Start?

Yeah, agreed with the above - start with Ladies & Gentlemen then move forward, then back :)

Wouldn't you end up back where you started?

Anyway, I'd take it chronological order.

Laser Guided Melodies

Pure Phase

Ladies and Gentlemen....

and so on.

If you're big on lyrics, and as a narrative on Jason Pierce's life, it would make more sense.

My first exposure to them was seeing them play live at some festival while they were promoting "Ladies & Gentlemen..." I loved it and immediately ran out and bought the album...which, frankly, doesn't really do anything for me. There are a couple tunes I kind of want to like, but nowhere near as cool as I thought they sounded live that day.

they have been on an acoustic tour for the last year or so. really pretty stuff, there was a show or two on dime if you want a preview. But very different than their early albums (i also recommend chronological order, though Lazer Guided Melodies is probably my favorite).

If it's an unplugged show, find their (his) latest album.

But no matter what if looking for one song to start with find "Shine A Light". (they'll play that i'm pretty sure and it doesn't get much better)

enjoi.

But no matter what if looking for one song to start with find "Shine A Light". (they'll play that i'm pretty sure and it doesn't get much better)

Exactly what he said. In my opinion it's their best song by far, one which, although really good on record, sounds much much better live and has to be experienced that way (and I do mean experienced if they have the full-on light show and back projections).