May 10 2008 8:00P Michigan Theatre Ann Arbor, Michigan

May 11 2008 8:00P Riverside Theatre Milwaukee, Wisconsin

May 13 2008 8:00P Orpheum Theatre Minneapolis, Minnesota

May 14 2008 8:00P Chicago Theatre Chicago, Illinois

May 15 2008 8:00P Ellie Caulkins Opera House Denver, Colorado

May 26 2008 8:00P Sasquatch Music Festival George, Washington

May 27 2008 8:00P Nob Hill Masonic Auditorium San Francisco, California

May 30 2008 8:00P Orpheum Theatre Los Angeles, California

Woohoo! :dancing I saw them last summer in LA with Ms. Yvon, and I would not miss them again for the world!

I'll be at the Chicago Theatre show: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/8784...t040408.article

Go see them if you get a chance.

I saw them about 4 or 5 years ago on their home turf in Wellington.

Their rhymes were bottomless.

The full-length album drops on May 21. It could turn out to be the most musical comedy album ever made. But that is of course is how they've always seen themselves. They started out as a band as they wanted to be in a band - the comedy just followed naturally. The songs, and the musicianship are ridiculously good.

The D is way funnier than FotC to me, mostly because they are more ridiculous. And because Jack Black is far and away the goofiest rock star ever.

FotC is still pretty funny, though. "Part Time Model" makes me lol.

FotC aren't even remotely as funny or interesting musically as the D...

like it's not even a contest...

that "If You're Into It" is supposed to be one of FotC's funniest songs i've heard? and it's not even THAT funny to me... like i said, a bit of a chuckle here or there, but that's about it. the Bowie one is the funniest, and even that's just amusing to me, not like very funny or anything. "Business Time" is just plain dumb.

i know comedy/humor is definitely subjective, but really don't see what the fuss about these guys is i guess... frankly i've seen a lot funnier local comics at Acme in the last year.

Funny, I don't find Tenacious D amusing in the least, but I love FotC.

Agreed. FotC is very nearly the funniest thing I've ever seen on cable (bested only by CYE in the half-hour comedy domain), but "the D" is just stupid humour. Can't see the appeal, frankly, whereas the comic timing in FotC is just spot fucking on, eleven times out of ten. Rhys Darby absolutely kills me. That guy's the funniest TV star since Simon Pegg, hands down.

Oh, and the album's leaked, by the way!

In my opinion to compare D and FotC one must compare there two separate endeavors their HBO series and their music.

I loved D' s series on HBO. I still think it was one of the funniest shows on television. However FotC show was terrible. It seemed like they tried to make music videos of their songs and then tried to string them together.

On the other hand I enjoy FotC music (not the arrangements but the songs) more, but that could be because I hate Jack Black's singing voice.

I would go see either band, and am disappointed that I will be nowhere near any of these shows.

What I love about Jack (and by extension, D) is his obvious love for music. He's a total music geek and it completely shines through in their music. He wears his influences on his sleeve and he's having a blast. He knows he couldn't make it as a "legitimate" musician, but he's having a ball pretending to be one anyways.

FotC aren't even remotely as funny or interesting musically as the D...

like it's not even a contest...

that "If You're Into It" is supposed to be one of FotC's funniest songs i've heard? and it's not even THAT funny to me... like i said, a bit of a chuckle here or there, but that's about it. the Bowie one is the funniest, and even that's just amusing to me, not like very funny or anything. "Business Time" is just plain dumb.

i know comedy/humor is definitely subjective, but really don't see what the fuss about these guys is i guess... frankly i've seen a lot funnier local comics at Acme in the last year.

Dude, weren't you sorta hyping FOTC when they opened for Arcade Fire back in the day? I may be misremembering, but I've always associated them with you.

There is room on the market for more than one comedy duo/group. They both have very different styles of music and very different styles of humor. I'm ok with both. I mean, I may have heard people doing karaoke of "Fuck you Gently" too many times, but it was funny the first time I heard it.

And as long as we are having the conversation, I like Weird Al a lot too.

Dude, weren't you sorta hyping FOTC when they opened for Arcade Fire back in the day? I may be misremembering, but I've always associated them with you.

wtf are you even talking about?

Flight of the Conchords opening for Arcade Fire??!!!? :unsure

if they ever did, it's totally totally news to me...

when was this?

anyway, re: FoTC, i find it interesting that during their live skits on YouTube, even the audience seems to only be laughing fairly lightly... seems weird i guess

wtf are you even talking about?

Flight of the Conchords opening for Arcade Fire??!!!? :unsure

if they ever did, it's totally totally news to me...

when was this?

I may have totally made this up in my head - but something put it together. Maybe someone (who I turned into you) saw FOTC open for somebody (who I turned into Arcade Fire) way back in like, late '04, early '05. Someone recommended them way back in the day. Let's blame Narziss. Or Peel.

I may have totally made this up in my head - but something put it together. Maybe someone (who I turned into you) saw FOTC open for somebody (who I turned into Arcade Fire) way back in like, late '04, early '05. Someone recommended them way back in the day. Let's blame Narziss. Or Peel.

Don't blame me, I didn't know who they were until last year!!!