Poll suggests McCain-Rice ticket could win big

The Senate's approval rating is low, and all three candidates are associated with the Senate.

Yep, they have low approval ratings, but the polls never ask why the approval is low. Informed voters are dissatisfied because the congress is not following the will of the people (you know government of the people, by the people for the people etc...) And informed voters know the reason for the congress not following their will is the obstructionist party. One thing many people desire is impeachment, but there is no way that impeachment could occur. Bush and Dick could be caught snorting coke off of cheap hookers asses, while molesting small animals on the steps of the capital and only a few republicans would dare vote for impeachment even under those circumstances. Republicans want you to know that the congress ratings are low, but they don't want you to think about why they are low or that they are historically lower than he presidents. They only want you to think the ratings are low because it's the democrats in charge in congress. Forget the record number of republican vetoes, for get the obstructionism and poison pills added to bills, forget that the president is going to do what he wants regardless of what the voters want. Nope just focus on the big bad dems apparently.

I just got back from a seminar this week (taxes) and we had a session with a republican house aide and a democrat senate aide talking over what is going on in each chamber. The democrat laid out point after point...were are trying to do this, because it will affect this... she laid out many points. Her republican counter point pretty much said we will do none of the sort, we will only do what the president desires (his actual words were...we will not send a bill to the white house that the president is not going to sign.) This pretty much mirrored what I heard last fall and that was the republicans goal is to obstruct and make sure no meaningful legislation gets passed during the upcoming election year. I still hold some conservative values, but I can not stand the republican party in any way shape or form. Their goals is to rule for the R's and the R's only.

Any candidate running this year needs to hammer home 1) all the similarities between McCain and Bush 2) all the pledges McCain has made to continue Bush policies and 3) how so many of those pledges McCain is making go against what he has been saying for years and how indecisive he truly is (i.e. a major league flip flopper)

I think Condi would end up being poison to the ticket, given her role as national security advisor in the first admin and her role as secty of state in the second, given that the world view of us is at an all time low.

He is trying to distance himself from Bush, wouldn't picking her be a lightening rod?

I say Condi should join McCain.

That way, the last 8 years of debacle are on the table.

No way in Hell would that ticket win. It'd guarantee a Dem landslide.

This country is too polarized (and marginalized) right now for there to be a landslide.

This country is too polarized (and marginalized) right now for there to be a landslide.

Perhaps I'm giving the sensibilities of the American public too much credit.

See Edies post for further clarification on my position.

Yep, they have low approval ratings, but the polls never ask why the approval is low. Informed voters are dissatisfied because the congress is not following the will of the people (you know government of the people, by the people for the people etc...) And informed voters know the reason for the congress not following their will is the obstructionist party. One thing many people desire is impeachment, but there is no way that impeachment could occur. Bush and Dick could be caught snorting coke off of cheap hookers asses, while molesting small animals on the steps of the capital and only a few republicans would dare vote for impeachment even under those circumstances. Republicans want you to know that the congress ratings are low, but they don't want you to think about why they are low or that they are historically lower than he presidents. They only want you to think the ratings are low because it's the democrats in charge in congress. Forget the record number of republican vetoes, for get the obstructionism and poison pills added to bills, forget that the president is going to do what he wants regardless of what the voters want. Nope just focus on the big bad dems apparently.

I just got back from a seminar this week (taxes) and we had a session with a republican house aide and a democrat senate aide talking over what is going on in each chamber. The democrat laid out point after point...were are trying to do this, because it will affect this... she laid out many points. Her republican counter point pretty much said we will do none of the sort, we will only do what the president desires (his actual words were...we will not send a bill to the white house that the president is not going to sign.) This pretty much mirrored what I heard last fall and that was the republicans goal is to obstruct and make sure no meaningful legislation gets passed during the upcoming election year. I still hold some conservative values, but I can not stand the republican party in any way shape or form. Their goals is to rule for the R's and the R's only.

Any candidate running this year needs to hammer home 1) all the similarities between McCain and Bush 2) all the pledges McCain has made to continue Bush policies and 3) how so many of those pledges McCain is making go against what he has been saying for years and how indecisive he truly is (i.e. a major league flip flopper)

The best kind of government is one that does as little as possible.

I'm not sure what this will mean for McCain but this may bump album sales for Steve Earle. I didn't see a long life span for his Condi song but this could help.

That Condi song almost singlehandedly turned me into a Republican, I hated it so much.

I think the big flaw in that poll is the pairing of Obama and Clinton. I think Obama/VP candidate X fares better than Obama/Clinton, especially in New York state and much of the South where Hillary is so widely despised.

I say Condi should join McCain.

That way, the last 8 years of debacle are on the table.

No way in Hell would that ticket win. It'd guarantee a Dem landslide.

Exactly :rotfl

The best kind of government is one that does as little as possible.

Sure but not when that gives more room for corporation to be committing wrongs; especially when some of these companies are stronger some nations.