I felt it here in KY during an insomniatic checking of the VC.

I was up earlier also on VC I think, but had gone back to bed. Our birds went crazy though and I had to get back up and reassure them.

TG in Carbondale definitely felt it...

LouieB

The quake is believed to have involved an extension of the New Madrid fault, a network of deep cracks in the earth's surface, the U.S. Geological Survey said. The fault is at the center of the nation's most active seismic zone east of the Rockies, something that's known to Midwest residents, even if they forget it now and then

What is the cause of the fault? Is it a subduction or what?

A friend of mine who lives just south of Ann Arbor felt it. I slept through it.

I'm used to my house shaking though. I can feel it when my washing machine is doing the "max extract" cycle since the washer and dryer are on the second floor.

If I would have actually felt shaking, I would have thought someone was doing laundry.

We were visiting my parents in Edwardsville IL last week, and were woken up by the quake. It seemed like it lasted SO long...it felt like the bed was swaying for at least 60 seconds! We felt the second one around 1030 am, too. Crazy.

We were visiting my parents in Edwardsville IL last week, and were woken up by the quake. It seemed like it lasted SO long...it felt like the bed was swaying for at least 60 seconds! We felt the second one around 1030 am, too. Crazy.

In an earthquake, 60 seconds can feel like an hour and a half!

I woke up for it..and I grumbled at it that I wished it would just stop so I could go back to sleep. I thought it was the wind being really strong, since it had been storming here, and wondered if it was an earthquake, but thought I was just being silly. I did miss the one at 10:15 or whenever it was as I was at work and didn't feel it. My boss however, missed both, as she lives in Iowa, we figured maybe the river was what stopped it.