Looks like she was at it again this morning.

(CNN) -- A magnitude 5.4 earthquake, centered 127 miles east of St. Louis, Missouri, shook southern Illinois at 4:36 a.m. (5:36 a.m. ET) Friday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

There were no immediate reports of damage, according to USGS spokeswoman Jessica Sigala.

The epicenter of the earthquake was about 3 miles below ground and 41 miles north-northwest of Evansville, Indiana.

People as far north as Chicago and as far west as St. Louis reported feeling the quake, Sigala said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/18/illinois....uake/index.html

Did anyone feel it?

i did not feel this, it's all over the local news , and people all around apparently did feel it.

now they are talking about 3.45/ gallon gas

I live about 50 miles south of Champaign. Every other morning I get up at 4:30 to go play basketball. This morning I was just hitting the bottom of my steps when the quake hit. I first thought it was a burglar or three running through the house so I started flipping on lights. It trembled again and my wife came down stairs to say that a picture had fallen and she thought it was a quake. I live in an old solid brick house (15" thick exterior walls) and it shook the whole house pretty good. Pretty wild.

Guest Muncle Douchey
Is Mr. Browning still above ground? I wonder if they're giving him any airtime, this time around?

Iben Browning - 1/9/1918 - 7/18/1991

he was only off by a little more than 17 years!

kind of wish i could have experienced an earthquake while i was down at SIU.

(Luckily) our baby woke us up at about 4:00, and I was semi-awake and drifting to sleep when I felt our bed (and what felt like our building) sway. I woke my wife up asking her if she felt anything. Needless to say, she thought that I was either dreaming or completely nuts. Going back to sleep, I actully did think that it could have been an earthquake. I still couldn't believe it when I read about it this morning.

Just felt an aftershock that lasted about 20 seconds. Fucking bizarre!

Belleville's 120 miles from the epicenter. I slept through the first one, but it woke up my husband.

5.4 is no small quake.

oof.

the last quake we had in los angeles woke me up. i jumped out of bed, stood there in my pjs and thought, "i am so not prepared for this." :lol

also: in chicago last weekend as i was talking with the mccormicks/ramones about chicago winters vs. california's issues, trish said, "give me an earthquake any day." so, you can thank her. :monkey

She's a jinx!!!

It's the 102nd anniversary of our Big One, so the timing is nice on that.

I was recently woken up by an earthquake, too. It's a very odd feeling, no doubt.

Glad to hear that everyone's OK.

I just think of the Uncle Tupelo song.

Oh, and I slept through it.

I felt it up here NE of Kalamazoo. The bed was shaking and the springs were creaking. I started to think, whoa, what a way to greet the morning. Then I remembered that my girlfriend has been out of town this week, it must only be an earthquake.

Definitely felt it here in NE Indiana. I was having a bit of insomnia last night and was just closing my eyes (again) when it hit. So I was awake but in bed. The water in my waterbed started sloshing around and I recognized it as an earthquake almost right away. Even after living in LA for many years after college, I always first think it's a big truck driving down the street.