Cheap beer appreciation thread

Only if it has white hots, extra hot sauce!

We do training in the Rochester area for people from all over the northeast. It has become a tradition for us to force garbage plates on the non-vegetarians one day a week. Not the day they're leaving though, as we don't want to put anyone through the small hell of a long drive after a garbage plate.

Extra hot sauce is a must. I miss having these for lunch weekly, and at 2 am on a bender.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a lot of Bush Light lately.. My band has played a few frat/sorority parties around the south lately, and almost all of them have been supplying Bush Light.. It definitely falls into the Pisswater catagory in my book.. But it's still beer and I drink it when it's free..

i had a couple cans of bush light over the weekend before we headed out...a buddy of mine is a cop and he confiscated them the night before and they had been chlling in the cooler all night. they tasted remarkably good in a pinch.

do they still make little kings? i used to get a case of those for dirt cheap in college...or a sixer of mickey's big mouths...or a case of schaeffer light until keystone came along.

nowadays, i'll go leinie's on the cheap or if i need to get really cheap, old style.

Ice House, is incredibly cheap at CVS.

Icehouse - It's cheap everywhere.. Tastes like piss, but it doesn't take too many to get going. And yes, it does leave a nasty hangover..

southpaw.gif

Anyone ever have this? I drank a lot of it in college:

SouthPaw Light - SouthPaw beer has a set of characteristics that are unique among the mass-produced beers in the USA. Southpaw is labeled as a light beer, but it has the alcohol content of a regular beer. It has a strong hops flavor compared with other light Pilsner style beers. It also has unique labeling and marketing.

Icehouse - It's cheap everywhere.. Tastes like piss, but it doesn't take too many to get going. And yes, it does leave a nasty hangover..

southpaw.gif

Anyone ever have this? I drank a lot of it in college:

SouthPaw Light - SouthPaw beer has a set of characteristics that are unique among the mass-produced beers in the USA. Southpaw is labeled as a light beer, but it has the alcohol content of a regular beer. It has a strong hops flavor compared with other light Pilsner style beers. It also has unique labeling and marketing.

I've had this, and like most beer, thought it was fine.

your thoughts?

i did a side by side comparison over the weekend at my alma matter...chic-fil-a still better, but props to ronald for coming up w/ a near match good enough for guys like me that have no chic-fil-a in the immediate area.

I haven't had it. When the chick describe the McDonald's sandwich, I quickly pulled the Chick-Fil-A. Come to find out, she's never had Chick-Fil-A. She felt terrble about overselling the McDonald's sandwich as revolutionary.

I haven't had it. When the chick describe the McDonald's sandwich, I quickly pulled the Chick-Fil-A. Come to find out, she's never had Chick-Fil-A. She felt terrble about overselling the McDonald's sandwich as revolutionary.

interesting. it's no mcrib, but it's worth trying.

McRib is crazy, isn't it? Whose idea was it to put pickles and onions on a barbecue pork sandwich?

Well, around here when you order a BBQ plate they serve pickle slices, and a slice of onion on the side.