Cheap beer appreciation thread

Look, we all love the handcrafted, microbrewed going-on-$10-a-six-pack stuff, but there's a recession on, dammit, and we have to cut back sometimes. I am now currently enjoying a Genny Cream Ale. I like that, and Icehouse, when the flow is low. Coors banquet is not bad either.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten spoiled, I hate cheap beer now.

Though, in the realm of domestic, not super expensive beers, Yeungling is the king. It's not the cheapest beer, but it's only a few bucks more for a 12 pack than your Miller Lites and stuff, and it's so much better.

I hope to never have to stoop so low as to drink Natural Ice again. That is just a terrible beer.

Yes, I have a hard time getting excited about cheaper beer but sometimes it works well in the heat of the summer. Yeungling has been mentioned and is pretty damn good. I also like Coors and Coors light at times. Old Style and PBR aren't completely out of the question either.

I also heard that Schlitz is releasing it's original recipe in limited distribution. I wouldn't mind trying that.

My cheap beer trifecta:

1. Stag

2. PBR

3. Rolling Rock (although I hate buying it since it's now owned by Anheuser-Busch)

My partner always turns to "The Champagne of Beers," Miller High Life, for bargain beer (even though I guess it's socially irresponsible to.)

I don't drink beer but as far as cheap is concerned, I am not unfamiliar with Boone's Farm. :blush

Look, we all love the handcrafted, microbrewed going-on-$10-a-six-pack stuff, but there's a recession on, dammit, and we have to cut back sometimes. I am now currently enjoying a Genny Cream Ale. I like that, and Icehouse, when the flow is low. Coors banquet is not bad either.

Busch Lite is my current cheap choice-a case goes for $13.49. I also like Old Style tallboys. I'm very excited about Schlitz coming out with the 60s recipe. When I hanker for something with taste, I go Belgium or to a recent discovery-Ommegang Hennepin Farmhouse Saison.

Since I no longer drink to get drunk, cheap beer is no longer worth my time or money.

I'm a fan of the Old Style pounders, you can get a 6-pack at CVS for ~$4.61.

Yuengling Lager is hands down my favorite beer, but since we can't get it here(IL) I have to beg friends to bring it to me when they visit.

Leines O is as low as i go.

When i drank it cheap, i liked those Miller High Life Ponies, and Rolling Rock. I think if I brought either of those into the house now i would be divorced faster than you can say "Dogfish Head."

:lol