Albuquerque May 9, 2008

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Pictures gogo!!!! Up close, too!!

Well shot, Maudie! And Jeff, way to rock the Mr. Green Jeans!

That guy in the front row with the black sports pull over and red text (with the pregnant woman) got real mad when my brother pushed his way into the front row for photos. He'll have them up soon.

Are those the two that left before the main set was over? I was off to their right and felt sick in the pit of my stomach when I saw them leave.

Are those the two that left before the main set was over? I was off to their right and felt sick in the pit of my stomach when I saw them leave.

No, I think I remember them staying and trying to get a set list. There were a few people in front of me in the second row (right in front of Nels) who kept sitting. At one point, Jeff kind of came over and shot them a look of disgust. I laughed so hard. Who sits feet from the stage at a Wilco concert?

I laughed so hard. Who sits feet from the stage at a Wilco concert?

Someone who paid for the seats and therefore has the right to do that? I prefer GA venues and wouldn't choose to sit if I was in the second row, but I don't understand the disdain for those who DO choose to sit. Did it negatively impact your experience? I'm not sure I believe the "look of disgust" thing. If it did happen, then perhaps the band should ditch the seated venues because, well, people are bound to...you know...sit.

Someone who paid for the seats and therefore has the right to do that? I prefer GA venues and wouldn't choose to sit if I was in the second row, but I don't understand the disdain for those who DO choose to sit. Did it negatively impact your experience? I'm not sure I believe the "look of disgust" thing. If it did happen, then perhaps the band should ditch the seated venues because, well, people are bound to...you know...sit.

The people who left at least stood the whole time they were there. There are a lot of GA venues coming up, but those of us who are height challenged like reserved seats sometimes because we're guaranteed a view. I promise - the only thing ever in my seat is my coat.

Someone who paid for the seats and therefore has the right to do that? I'm not sure I believe the "look of disgust" thing. If it did happen, then perhaps the band should ditch the seated venues because, well, people are bound to...you know...sit.

I never said they didn't have the right to sit because like you said, they did (most likely) pay for the seats. Jeff even mentioned in a tongue and cheek way how he like how most everyone was standing. And, I can't prove that look Jeff gave them was about the sitting, but I assure you that is what it looked like to me. I wouldn't lie about that.

Yeah, I can think of several legitimate reasons why people might want/need to sit during a show, or even to leave early. It happens, no big whoop. And I don't think I noticed any look of disgust, but it's entirely possible I was concentrating on John at that point. :shifty

Zebra, I saw your brother up front. I understand that he had a photo pass, but it still was a pretty tight squeeze to get past the folks in those seats. I can understand them being a bit put out. Either way though, I'm looking forward to seeing those pics. :)

Zebra, I saw your brother up front. I understand that he had a photo pass, but it still was a pretty tight squeeze to get past the folks in those seats. I can understand them being a bit put out. Either way though, I'm looking forward to seeing those pics. :)

I know and he tried to stay out of their way as much as possible. Anyway, so far, he has it down to 93 photos and needs to 'take a break', but they should be up by tonight. :thumbup

edit: THE PHOTOS ARE UP: http://andrewhammerand.com/wilco2/ :)

Thanks for the great photos Andrew. Really appreciate it.

Andy [my brother] says:

Not a problem, I hope everyone enjoys the photographs... when I saw there was no barricade, I asked security/management if I could get on the side of the stage to photograph, as to not disturb the patrons in the front row... however, they would not allow me to do so... so sorry to those of you who I scrambled over to get in the front... but it was for less than a few minutes, so I seriously doubt it negatively impacted your concert experience.

:dancing

Andy [my brother] says:

Not a problem, I hope everyone enjoys the photographs... when I saw there was no barricade, I asked security/management if I could get on the side of the stage to photograph, as to not disturb the patrons in the front row... however, they would not allow me to do so... so sorry to those of you who I scrambled over to get in the front... but it was for less than a few minutes, so I seriously doubt it negatively impacted your concert experience.

:dancing

You were very discreet, and moved around quietly and quickly. I was lucky to end up in the front row at the show and am really glad you were there to take those amazing pics. Thank you!

He says you're welcome and thanks. :thumbup

Andy was sooo cool about taking his pix and Rick and I were commenting on that. Thanks so much for the great photos-much appreciated!!! :worship Done with class as well----

He says thanks. He was showing our mom the photos and the most interesting comment was during certain photos, she said Nels looks like a faceless servant to his guitar. Then I thought, maybe the guitar is a servant to Nels. I hope they put the larger versions on their website.

First post on this site, but in regards to the post from the guy who drove from Phoenix.... Me too! My first Wilco show and I admittedly am not familiar with the whole catalog but had a fantastic time. I'd been a fan of Tupelo long ago but never was into Wilco then Sky Blue Sky came out and I've been workin my way backwards. Saw I Am Trying To Break Your Heart and bought Foxtrot and anyways it's been awesome to discover Wilco and the depths of Tweedys song writing. I am totally a devoted fan at this point and gonna catch them back home in Indy in August. Cheers!

Hey there! Glad to hear you had a good time even thought you were not too familiar with their music. They haven't been here since 2004 when they played at the Marquee Theater in Tempe. I asked for them to come back to Arizona, but as I was told that there would be almost if not all of the tour dates this year for several reasons. However, there is always next year and Indy for you.

As I was driving around today listening to "Side With The Seeds", a memory from the show came back to me which brought a smile to my face. During that song, the guitar Nels was playing stopped working. He tried plugging it in all over his board, but nothing. With the quickly arriving second face melting solo, he switched guitars until he came across the one with the photos on it. Sorry, I don't know the official name; I'm not a guitar guy. Jeff sang his last words in the song, "...if you side with me" and just then, his new guitar came to life and Jeff looked very happy about this and Nels was like, "What me worry?" :thumbup

As I was driving around today listening to "Side With The Seeds", a memory from the show came back to me which brought a smile to my face. During that song, the guitar Nels was playing stopped working. He tried plugging it in all over his board, but nothing. With the quickly arriving second face melting solo, he switched guitars until he came across the one with the photos on it. Sorry, I don't know the official name; I'm not a guitar guy. Jeff sang his last words in the song, "...if you side with me" and just then, his new guitar came to life and Jeff looked very happy about this and Nels was like, "What me worry?" :thumbup

I had a similar moment today driving around! When "Hate it Here" came one, I remembered how JT was a little distracted after playing with his hair, and he checked the mail, he checked the mail, he checked the mail again. What a great show. I had no idea what kind of crowd it was going to be, and worried about taking slack from someone if I stood in front of them for the whole show. No problem, because no one ever sat down. Fingers crossed that some generous soul shares their 5/9 tape with us.... :worship

In an evening of fantastic memories one that stood out to me was when Jeff and the boys played Heavy Metal Drummer, and as my buddy and I did our best dance moves in place without trying to bother anyone, I looked around and I just saw a bunch of people that had moved to the aisle and they were just dancing up a storm, and just seeing everyone enjoy themselves like that was just awesome, plus it was slightly entertaining to watch one of Wilco's roadies came out and fiddled with Jeff and his zit. You don't see that everyday. :thumbup

In an evening of fantastic memories one that stood out to me was when Jeff and the boys played Heavy Metal Drummer, and as my buddy and I did our best dance moves in place without trying to bother anyone, I looked around and I just saw a bunch of people that had moved to the aisle and they were just dancing up a storm, and just seeing everyone enjoy themselves like that was just awesome, plus it was slightly entertaining to watch one of Wilco's roadies came out and fiddled with Jeff and his zit. You don't see that everyday. :thumbup

The Zit theme has arisen before :

_JT_and_the_Giant_Zit.jpg