So June is almost upon us, and summer movies are on their way. Anything you are really looking forward to viewing on the big screen? Anything you've seen recently at the cinema? Any movies the board should stay away from?

I saw Iron Man this weekend. Holy crap it's good. I wasn't expecting it to be that good. The cgi on it was so tasteful and not over the top. Very well written too. Next up.... Indiana Jones

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dark Knight. I generally don't like comic book movies, but I liked the Batman Begins quite a bit and this one looks even better with what appears to be a stellar performance by Heath Ledger. I don't see to many movies in the theatre, but I'll see this. I'll likely see Indiana Jones too, but I'm not expecting much.

oh yes, I am actually hoping to see The Dark Knight in the theatre.....not usually the type of movie I like. I rarely see comic book movies - but, yes, from what I have seen of Heath Ledger in it - it looks awesome. And a little Christian Bale is always nice. :wub

I
Although I didn't think it was possible, early reviews are saying it is worse than Lady in the Water. Yikes!

I don't know how someone could start off so strong and continuously get worse and worse. Although, I did enjoy Signs more than Unbreakable. But The Village was wretched and I didn't make it more than 1/2 hour into Lady In The Water.

I actually really liked The Village.

It took about 7 minutes to figure out the whole "shocking plot twist" that would be coming 90 minutes later.

I liked The Village too. I generally don't try to figure out movies as I'm watching them (either I'm slow or I don't care, not sure). So I enjoyed the twist.

Me either for the most part, but isn't the whole "shocking plot twist" M.'s whole claim to fame?

It's not a shock if you know it's coming, unless you have one of those brain injuries which makes you unable to remember anything 15 seconds after it happened. I presume people so injured make up M. Night's fan base.

It took about 7 minutes to figure out the whole "shocking plot twist" that would be coming 90 minutes later.

Well it had me fooled. My wife figured it out though. She also figured out The Sixth Sense about halfway through.