It's not a shock if you know it's coming, unless you have one of those brain injuries which makes you unable to remember anything 15 seconds after it happened. I presume people so injured make up M. Night's fan base.

Memento

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know Bruce was dead, I knew Mr. Glass was the bad guy and that it was a modern day hippy commune trying to live in the early 19th century.

I didn't know Bruce was dead, I knew Mr. Glass was the bad guy and that it was a modern day hippy commune trying to live in the early 19th century.

I'll save you the five minutes of trying to figure out the new one - Mark Wahlberg's a chick.

I'll save you the five minutes of trying to figure out the new one - Mark Wahlberg's a chick.

I will miss you.

Though, to be fair, the studio’s are just as guilty of breathlessly informing us of the movies shocking twist – fucking studio execs….

You know what movie I always think of with this? Terminator 2! If you watch that movie, you will see that Cameron clearly wanted you to think Ahnold was the bad Terminator and the other guy (the cop) the savior as in the first flick. But the marketing gave it away, letting everyone know Ahnold was the good guy in this one. The scene in the hallway behind the arcade in the mall was to be the big reveal. Woulda been cooler that way, IMO.

Y'know, I have been waiting for the film version of my sister's 4th birthday.

Wall-e.

Wall-e will be one of the most liked and loveable movie characters in a long time. Like all Pixar movies, not only do you get to see the main attraction, but also a great animated short and a teaser of their film for the following year (they'll be previewing Up for 2009....which sounds like another great Pixar story.)

Dreamboy

A small-budget movie that should be in most theatres sometime soon. The movie is about a love relationship between 2 young males....one who is troubled and shy. The movie sounds so-so, but I'm most interested in hearing Richard Buckner's score.

Dark Knight

Gotta see Ledger's take on the Joker.

Tropic Thunder

Will probably disappoint, but looks to have potential to be very funny. Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey (as an African-American....he's a serious actor who has his skin color changed to fully get into his movie role).

How did you like Prince Caspian? I loved it, even if it strayed pretty far from the book. I think it needed to though, since the course of events in the book would have made for a very long and boring middle for the movie.

I can't wait for Wall-E. I think he's going to be this generation's ET.

How did you like Prince Caspian? I loved it, even if it strayed pretty far from the book. I think it needed to though, since the course of events in the book would have made for a very long and boring middle for the movie.

Well, I actually haven't read the books, so I can't comment on that. I also never saw the first movie (I did actually read that book, though), but I really liked it. His accent wasn't very good, but I thought it was a pretty terrific movie. I did notice a lot of the kids who saw it at the theatre I work at were very dissapointed, and that makes sense. It's not much of a kid's movie.

The first one was way more of a kid's movie than this one, you're right. I think it would have been really hard to adapt the book for a younger audience though.

FYI, in the book there is no attack on the castle. A major plot point in the movie, wouldn't you say? :lol Plus, the kids don't even meet up with Caspian until the end of the book, right before the battle.

Well it's gotta be difficult to make a kid's move that deals with murder and genocide as it's two biggest themes.

Yeah, that is pretty different, I would say. Hmm, I could see fans of the book getting mad about that.

People get way too protective of books that are adapted to movies. They need to understand they can't be the same...

People get way too protective of books that are adapted to movies. They need to understand they can't be the same...

I agree. I wouldn't even have noticed the differences if I hadn't just finished re-reading the book a couple months ago. I'm on to the 4th book now, and I have to say I can't wait for the third movie, "The Dawn Treader". The book is really going to translate well into an adventure movie.

I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Iron Man last week. I suspect FSM is the type of thing that you need to see in a packed theater, because while I could appreciate some of the jokes, overall it just left me feeling deptressed. What's the movie I'm thinking of, is it Natural Born Killers, where they do a scene with the timing, lighting, laugh track, etc., of a sitcom, but they're saying absolutely awful things? That's kind of how I felt about this movie. It was like they meant it to be funny, but... ugh.

Iron Man, on the other hand, I really enjoyed. I'm not generally big on comic books or action movies, but this was just so much fun. And Robert Downey Jr.? :wub :wub :wub