The best band will never get signed

I wanted to start this thread after finding an EP of a local band I used to see alot, They're still around under a different name, I haven't seen them play for a while but I must have seen this band around 20 odd times when I was younger

Misterhall - Let's Go Ultimate!

This is just a glorious, epic piece of jazz/pop/rock this band were nuts, just adored them...I have no idea why they're not the biggest band on earth, so how about a thread for all the blinding unsigned bands you guys have seen who you think deserve a little appreciation

This EP is out of print I believe so I hope I don't upset anyone, otherwise I'll take it down

Listening now.

Not sure about the best band in the world tag, but they are pretty cool. Remind me quite a bit of ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail Of Dead. Great drummer, too.

Yes, their drummer is unreal. I used to have the same drum teacher as him and he said it had got to the point where he was learning more from him.

I am hyping them up enormously but the live show was awesome. singer used to do all these Jagger moves kinda

• 2 weeks later...
Guy I went to school with- Ian Blurton is a minor cult figure around here, he never got huge but he's pretty damn good. His latest band is called C'mon.

http://www.myspace.com/thisiscmon

I've seen him live a few times. Puts on a very energetic show. The guy has produced some good records too :).

FourStrongWinds- I noticed you have Trance Manual by John Vanderslice on your muxtape. That is such an awesome song. Have you ever seen him live? I highly recommend it if you haven't.

I have seen him live actually, he was incredible. I actually spoke to him very briefly too at a Death Cab show and he seemed like a really genuine cool guy

I've seen him live a few times. Puts on a very energetic show. The guy has produced some good records too :).

Yeah, I saw C'mon once and they were pretty great. Ian Blurton also produced the latest Weakerthans record and deserves props for that.

FourStrongWinds- I noticed you have Trance Manual by John Vanderslice on your muxtape. That is such an awesome song. Have you ever seen him live? I highly recommend it if you haven't.

John Vanderslice is quite possibly the nicest musician ever. I got a chance to talk to him at a small club show on Duke campus last year.

How they got him to play there is a mystery to me-- it was a very small space.

I'm glad JV doesn't fit the title to this thread... "Emerald City" still is high in my iPod rotation.

Kevin