Wilco at Lolla

The Friday night lineup especially between 530 until radiohead is horrible in terms of scheduling. The majority of the bands I wanted to see are all overlapping.

It seems like they consistently drop the ball as far as scheduling goes.

Although the BSS > Wilco is going to be wonderful

Jeff at Lollapalooza -

Has this been discussed yet? Looks like he has a 15 to 30 min timeslot on Friday afternoon on the Children's stage.

Perhaps its just to introduce his son's band?

Anybody have any insight?

Guest Jules
Jeff at Lollapalooza -

Has this been discussed yet? Looks like he has a 15 to 30 min timeslot on Friday afternoon on the Children's stage.

Perhaps its just to introduce his son's band?

Anybody have any insight?

Most likely a short acoustic set of kid-type tunes. Ben Harper did a similar thing last year and it was really cool. They make sure all the kids (and their parents) get the seating up front on the grass.

Don't think his son's band is playing this year.

He is playing not his son's band. I know this because Lolla must not have updated their site before I saw Wilco in StL and I mentioned that it would be neat to see his son's band to which he replied that Spencer's band wasn't playing at Lolla this year. So definitely just Jeff :)

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds like Obama will be making an appearance at Lollapalooza. Perhaps a Wilco introduction?

where have you herd this? I was kind of thinking this was gonna happen; a huge buzz kill to say the least.

Obama rumors!!!! Sweet!!

My first Wilco show was Farm Aid 2005....Some senator introduced Wilco... I didn't know why he got a standing ovation (especially since nobody else did - Dave, Neil Young, Willie Nelson... nope, no ovation) and I couldn't figure out why his voice gave me goosebumps... but when I returned home from my adventure and told my Mom alllllll about it, all she had to say is: "That man is our future president"

I would love to recreate that moment when our future President introduces my favorite band, and I promise to understand its importance this time around :)

Oh, and I'd also love to recreate the moment when Andrew Bird surprised all Wilco fans by joining them on stage..... ahhhh sweet memories from February!! ((someone has no tour dates at that time, to my knowledge!!!))

Since Farm Aid 05, I've been addicted to Wilco Shows. Lolla will be my 9th, and my 4th time flying up to Chicago (from Atlanta) solely to see Wilco. And effin' Rage is scheduled opposite. It's a tough decision, I've heard Rage is amazing live, and that their shows are something of a rarity. Oh well. I'm following my heart to the Bud Light stage on Saturday night!!! Of course this could all change at 7:55pm August 2nd.... but I ***highly*** doubt it!!!

!!!!WILCO 8 DAYS!!!!

Guest Jules
i know! it couldn't have been like that last weekend, so we could have nice & only slightly warm this weekend.

The worst part is it pretty much rules out the pregnant wife and young child joining me. My daughter loved the kids stuff last year, but I think 95 is a little too much.

New forecast:

Friday - Mid 80's with a 40% chance of rain through the day, clearing during the evening. (I don't think it'll get that warm with all the cloud cover)

Saturday - 80 degrees, sunny, not humid....we lucked out folks.

Sunday - Mid 80's and sunny, but much more humid. Doesn't matter for me, because there's nobody I really want to see that day.

Leaving tomorrow morning early. Cannot wait. Yeasayer is the first band I'm seeing, then I'm going to see Jeff's set, which I'm pretty interested in.

Won't be able to meetup or anything, I'll be with friends and stuff.

Hyped for Radiohead, I hope they pull out stuff they've yet to play this tour.

Guest Jules
New forecast:

Friday - Mid 80's with a 40% chance of rain through the day, clearing during the evening. (I don't think it'll get that warm with all the cloud cover)

Saturday - 80 degrees, sunny, not humid....we lucked out folks.

Sunday - Mid 80's and sunny, but much more humid. Doesn't matter for me, because there's nobody I really want to see that day.

I'm seeing 85-86-88. Either way, it's better than the 99 coming on Monday.

Even though the hot weather will come after Lolla is over and maybe the lake will keep things down, it is still gonna be plenty hot and humid. Take lots of sunscreen and hats and drink lots of water...(yes....dad....)

LouieB