Wilco at Lolla

So raconteurs vs. wilco into radiohead or all 3 against eachother or all 3 into eachother? I wanted to see jack white so bad, raconteurs were the best show id seen there.

or is this arbitrary as thats when the festival starts and wilcos next 2 dates are open???

Nobody will be playing opposite of Radiohead, who willl close the festival on Sunday night.

I'm pretty sure that the crowd for them will be twice as big as it was for Pearl Jam or RHCP.

Wilco on the other hand might play opposite of Kanye, Rage, NIN, or the racantours

Wow I stand corrected

I actually hated that the headliner played on sunday night (especially with work on Monday morning).

This is great thing. But i'm pretty sure nobody will be playing opposite of them. If so, nobody's going to watch the other band. I love wilco, but if they're playing friday night opposite Radiohead, its not even a question of who i'm going to see.

Guest Jules
nails is closing lolla & i'm gonna say that wilco will be playing on saturday.

confirmed. Wilco Saturday 8:30-10:00. Also, Jeff is playing the Kidz stage on Friday.

I'm pretty disappointed with the festival this year. The lineup isn't nearly as deep as last year, and the few bands that I am excited about are all going up against each other. Terrible.

And I, for one, am having trouble deciding between Wilco and Rage. I was never a huge Rage fan, but always liked them, have heard they were great live, and have never seen them (though I did have a ticket for the Rage/Beasties/ATDI tour that got cancelled). On the other hand, I've seen Wilco quite a few times, and my enthusiasm for them has waned considerably. However, for a long time they were one of my absolute favorites so it's still really tempting.

I'm pretty disappointed with the festival this year. The lineup isn't nearly as deep as last year, and the few bands that I am excited about are all going up against each other. Terrible.

And I, for one, am having trouble deciding between Wilco and Rage. I was never a huge Rage fan, but always liked them, have heard they were great live, and have never seen them (though I did have a ticket for the Rage/Beasties/ATDI tour that got cancelled). On the other hand, I've seen Wilco quite a few times, and my enthusiasm for them has waned considerably. However, for a long time they were one of my absolute favorites so it's still really tempting.

I share the disappointment.

If you're going, I'd push for Rage. I saw them for the first time last summer with Queens of the Stone Age at Alpine Valley. It was a great great show. If you've already seen Wilco several times, don't miss Rage.

Hey all,

First time poster. Huge Wilco fan. Been since Being There. I just wanted to write to say how disappointed I am with the Lolla lineup.

Wilco is in my top 3 favorite live acts of all time. Seen them probably 10 or 11 times. My complaint is, RATM is one of those bands that is really unpredictable in terms of touring schedule and I think it's unfair to RATM fans and Wilco fans to have to choose. I've seen Rage as well and they are really amazing live. That amplified with election year spells a huge crowd for them.

I think a Kanye vs Rage and Wilco vs NIN schedule would much better for festival goers, as even NIN fans will admit, they tour nonstop and Kanye is going to draw his crowd regardless of RATM.

Just my opinion, but I'm sure I'm not alone with it. I wish there was a way to change it.

Nails doesn't tour non stop though it might seem so because he's put out a lot of music lately. The states got shafted for the year zero tour. I think the line up is pretty good and I'm glad the national is playing near the wilco stage.

It sucks that the Raconteurs are playing right before Radiohead but at the opposite end of the park. :realmad

were are you seeing the map?

edit: nm, i see now

as for RATM vs. Wilco... honestly, while i really do love both, i kinda wish there was a 3rd option at that time so i didn't have to choose between the two :lol

i'll prolly hit up the first 30-45 min of RATM's set, arguably their most energetic portion, then head over to Wilco

man Sunday's lineup kinda blows. i don't really give a crap about anyone until 4:30. may have to sleep in :)

BSS into Wilco....my prayers have been answered! I'm overall quite satisfied with the first two days, but what happened with Sunday? I love The National, but I can't see them headlining a stage at Lolla, especially after Flogging Molly. So those crazies, myself included, that like to camp out at a stage to be front and center for the headliner, will have to endure a pretty raucous set to get to The National? Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should see on Sunday before wandering over to NIN?

It sucks that the Raconteurs are playing right before Radiohead but at the opposite end of the park. :realmad

I was disappointed about this at first too, but then I saw that this allows the Raconteurs to play for an hour and a half. Bloc Party only got an hour before Radiohead. Go! Team/Black Keys/Raconteurs will be an awesome run on the same stage before huffing it over to Radiohead. I think I may go to the back of the pack for the last few songs.