New Sea and Cake album coming in October!

After the last one, I am excited to hear a new one, again.

Yay!

I thought it was OK. But hey, you kind of know what you're getting with the Sea and Cake. Which is fine with me.

Yea, for sure.....they have a defined sound that has been there and continues to be there. I had not seen them until a few years ago. Actually I saw Prewitt and Prekop do a duet show at OTS and then I realized who was doing what.

Whoa, Wikipedia already has this new album on the list of albums, apparently it is called Car Alarm and they have the track listing. Not due out until October.

LouieB

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like it, don't love it. I had great expectations as they are one of my absolute favorite bands, so I'll need to give it more time. I think there's some tracks that really stand out, and some that kind of blend in. Its a good listen, overall.

• 6 months later...

The Sea and Cake will playing a free show at Millennium Park:

http://chicagoist.com/2009/05/06/downtown_...sic_mondays.php

Our choice for the standout show of the series goes to locals The Sea and Cake, playing with Brooklyn's Dirty Projectors. Led by Sam Prekop and Archer Prewitt, the jazz-influenced indie rock sound of veterans The Sea and Cake, will provide the perfect complement to the unconventional songwriting and conceptual compositions of the Dirty Projectors. The June 22 show date couldn't be timed better. The Dirty Projectors release their eighth project, the ambitious Bitte Orca, on June 9. You might want to leave the blankets and coolers at home for this one, we suspect it will be standing room only. The full schedule is after the jump.

All shows start at 6:30 p.m. with the exception of the June 29th show, which starts at 7:30 p.m.

Monday, June 22

The Sea and Cake and Dirty Projectors