Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 2008

OK, so we have to get through Outside Lands and that Treasure Island festival thingy first, but among the names already confirmed for the annual party in the park:

Gogol Bordello

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss featuring T Bone Burnett

Heavy Trash

Mark Olson & Gary Louris

Pegi Young

Loudon Wainwright III

Bonnie Prince Billy

I'm probably going to be out of town for the Treasure Island thingy. :realmad Although the good news is, the conference I'm attending that weekend, is the one that usually has me gone for HSBG! I don't think we'll top last year ( :wave Andrew), but I'm looking forward to it, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

psst: nick lowe could actually equal: nick lowe + paul bryan + jay bellerose.

just saying.

also: am going to be in la seeing swell season. unless i book this hotwire ticket to detroit to see mmj on saturday. :ninja

psst: nick lowe could actually equal: nick lowe + paul bryan + jay bellerose.

just saying.

also: am going to be in la seeing swell season. unless i book this hotwire ticket to detroit to see mmj on saturday. :ninja

aaahhh, crazy rock tourism. i love it!

p.s. jay is the drummer in robert plant and alison krauss' band (at least when i saw them at ACL last weekend), so if they have a full band there, i imagine he will be there.

My niece is going to this with her school tomorrow morning. They will be seeing Ruby Jane and... MC Hammer. :dancing (

Report from my mom, who helped chaperone the trip: When all the other kids rushed the stage for MC Hammer, Ro continued to sit on the blanket, reading her book. :lol

OK, wait, though. The kids all rushed the stage for MC Hammer? What decade is this?

:lol Are pogs even still a thing?

also curious: which book was ro reading?

More than likely, something sci-fi/fantasy. She's big into the Pendragon series, about kids who are descended from Greek gods and go to some kind of summer camp on Long Island specifically for Greek god-type activities. Or, something like that.

She's big into the Pendragon series, about kids who are descended from Greek gods and go to some kind of summer camp on Long Island specifically for Greek god-type activities. Or, something like that.

ok, this is just awesome.

Evonne, I read your sentence the first time as suggesting his pants might be full of pigs.)

:rotfl :rotfl