Fill In The Blank

I am too young to know, but did Simon and Garfunkel headbang as hard as these guys did? Moreover, did they have people jumping off the stage during their show?

Head banging doesn't look as cool with a afro.

ummm, i remember Tesla ruining that cool song "signs"

and personally, the Byrds version of "My Back pages" Now that I think of it, most of their Dylan stuff was mediocre, and I'm a Byrds fan...

there are other offenders, i'm just spacing right now....

oh yeah Shatner's Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. and I love Shatner, too.

and personally, the Byrds version of "My Back pages" Now that I think of it, most of their Dylan stuff was mediocre, and I'm a Byrds fan...

I think The Byrds do a great job with "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere." Plus, the twelve-string sound of Roger Mcguinn's guitar on "Mr. Tamborine Man" was revolutionary.

the Byrds do good Dylan covers. In an interview, he said Dylan said he thinks Manfred Mann do the best covers of his songs. I love their version of Mighty Quinn and Just like a woman

Shatner committed his biggest crime when he did Tambourine Man

For me, even though Jimmy Page is part to blame, when Puff Daddy (or whatever he was called back then) 'covered' Kashmir in 1999 for the Godzilla soundtrack.

The Hollies did an album of Dylan covers which was bad.

Thank god we have people like Weird Al that can improve original versions through good humour

Guest Cousin Tupelo
oh yeah Shatner's Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. and I love Shatner, too.

To say nothing of his TV rendition of "Rocket Man"

They said it shouldn't be done, but we did it anyway. Starting in 1996, we've made an annual visit to WFMU during their fundraising marathon. People who pledge money to the station while we're on get to make a request, and we try to play it. And guess what? It's not that easy. Yo La Tengo Is Murdering the Classics is a 70-minute compilation drawn from 1996-2003, a Best-of, or Best-of-the-Worst, or Worst-of-the-Best, or . . . oh, what's the use, it's dreadful. No song titles will be provided, don't ask. Beautiful cover art by Adrian Tomine. Order at your own risk. No refunds.

I recently heard Jimmy Buffet doing Brown Eyed Girl.

"The only people that like Jimmy Buffett are frat boys and alcoholic chicks from the south" - Sir Eric Cartman

southpark.jpg

Jimmy Buffet should be shot. Try living in Florida during tourist season and see how may times you can handle Margaritaville in one day.