The Iraqi government wants a timetable for withdrawal

Even if a viable alternative to the combustion engine were put in place tomorrow, it would do little to decrease our dependency on oil. Take a look around you, just about every manmade item you own and/or see is in some way petroleum-based. Not including the energy required to bring food to your table, and water to your tap. All of it
I haven't read past the oil field picture. I didn't know it was a secret that we are there for oil.

Isn't that what wars are about, taking other peoples shit?

yes, and spreading Democracy, duh.

You must be talking about Vietnam, they really didn't have anything worth taking.

my point is the mideast is instable in the first place. countries and religious sects have been fighting for centuries.

yes, absolutely -- i was just adding to your point, but you're right: the fact that the entire region has been a tinderbox for centuries made it that much more foolish for us to invade and think we're going to change anything for the better, especially when our gov't really doesn't care if it gets better for the people who live there. we have another main agenda.

yes, absolutely -- i was just adding to your point, but you're right: the fact that the entire region has been a tinderbox for centuries made it that much more foolish for us to invade and think we're going to change anything for the better, especially when our gov't really doesn't care if it gets better for the people who live there. we have another main agenda.

slam_dunk.jpg

Slam Dunk

P.S. I think we're getting screwed on this blood for oil deal. It sounds fair, but where's the oil?

In the pockets of American oil companies now. Mission accomplished.

exactly. so we're double-screwed.