Die in prison, Susan Atkins!

From CNN: California parole board rejects "compassionate release" request of Susan Atkins, a terminally ill former Charles Manson family member.

I am against the death penalty in general, as I do not think an imperfect system of justice can be trusted with the ultimate sanction. In the case of Manson and the family, however, I am willing to make an exception. It has been a tremendous waste of time and money to keep these people alive.

I am against the death penalty in general, as I do not think an imperfect system of justice can be trusted with the ultimate sanction. In the case of Manson and the family, however, I am willing to make an exception. It has been a tremendous waste of time and money to keep these people alive.

I agree that people shouldn't be put to death as long as there is any margin of error, but her death penalty had already been commuted. I tend to think that someone given the death penalty in the first place--commuted or not--shouldn't be released unless they're proven innocent.

Her story is a bit screwy - in that, first she claimed not to have killed anyone, but then later on, said that she had participated and drank the blood of some of the victims.

Man I was so obsessed with this story as a yout.

Googling after I read bjorn's post, I saw photos not included in Bugliosi's book. Wish I hadn't. Unearthed the same fear I experienced that summer way back when.

Her story is a bit screwy - in that, first she claimed not to have killed anyone, but then later on, said that she had participated and drank the blood of some of the victims.

From CNN: According to historical accounts of the murder, Atkins stabbed Tate, who was eight months pregnant, and scrawled the word "pig" in blood on the door of the home the actress shared with director Roman Polanski.

By her own admission, Atkins held Tate down and rejected her pleas for mercy, stabbing the pregnant woman 16 times.

Man I was so obsessed with this story as a yout.

Me too. Still perhaps the most notorious crimes in American history.

Anyone ever read (right hand man) Paul Watkins' My Life With Charles Manson? A riveting, creepy book.

From CNN: According to historical accounts of the murder, Atkins stabbed Tate, who was eight months pregnant, and scrawled the word "pig" in blood on the door of the home the actress shared with director Roman Polanski.

By her own admission, Atkins held Tate down and rejected her pleas for mercy, stabbing the pregnant woman 16 times.

That was me that posted that earlier -

Manson sent three people to Hinman's home on July 25, 1969: Atkins, Bobby Beausoleil, and Mary Brunner. Atkins claimed she didn