Say it ain't so, Batman!

it ignores that ever important third group; those

we don't know and haven't heard of, but share the world with.

We have to ignore them. If we didn't ignore them, the third group wouldn't exist. They'd be in group 1 or 2. :monkey

My understanding of the American dream is one where equality is not only

resources...

I mean, I don't think we are making two dissimilar points here. I think we both agree with the implications of putting too much weight on Celebrity. But, I do think there's the point, that celebritys, maybe even the vast majority, actively court the spotlight and present an image of themselves that makes others feel poorly about themselves. (see young women's propensity for eating disorders vis-a-vis the print magazines) I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't wish a severe flame-out on anyone, but a picture of Tyra Banks on the beach, without the benefit of the 'shaving' properties of PhotoShop serves a purpose.

Again, I think we agree on the main points.

I'll bite. I'll cop to finding TMZ (the television show) enormously entertaining for the mere fact that they knock the glamour and sheen off of everything we are force-fed daily. There is such a high level of celebrity worship in this society from print magazines and what-not, photo-shopped, air-brushed magazine covers, that a show like TMZ serves as a counter-balance. It humanizes it all. That or I'm just mean-spirited...

this is a joke, right?

I'm fairly certain that Aaron Eckhart is to blame in these assaults. But the people just cannot know. You see, Christian Bale is simply taking the blame because, although Aaron Eckhart is the actor we need right now, Christian Bale is the actor we deserve.

So we'll hunt him, because Bale can take it. He can be the outcast. Bale isn't a celebrity. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I didn't mean it in a "I can't wait for my new Tiger Beat" kind of way...but thanks for mocking me, y'all!

all in good fun... just very difficult to believe that he's been your favorite actor since "Empire of the Sun" came out. Great film but his output just after that film was released was fairly minimal and a few duds sprinkled in there.

I didn't mean it in a "I can't wait for my new Tiger Beat" kind of way...but thanks for mocking me, y'all!

Don't pay any attention to them. I have liked Bale since Empire of the Sun, too. Hell I even liked Newsies.

I'll admit it - I think Christian Bale is one of the finest looking men to walk the earth......I watched a movie about dragons for crying out loud just to watch him.

Yeah, I said it.

Pfft.

I'll admit it - I think Christian Bale is one of the finest looking men to walk the earth......I watched a movie about dragons for crying out loud just to watch him.

Yeah, I said it.

Pfft.

I don't think you are too far out on a limb here Reni. He's pretty widely known for being easy on the eyes, right? His career has had a pretty positive trajectory as of late.

No, he's not a GREAT actor - he is indeed very easy on the eyes.....he has made a lot of doozies and I will still watch a good chunk of them. However, he isn't a bad actor and has a few notable roles.

I am bummed about this news with his mother and sister, though.

Nah, I know that there isn't mean spiritedness here. I was amazed by him in 'Empire,' and have loved his choices since then. I loved Newsies...which probably has more to do with sentimentality (and his hotness), but have loved his performances in subsequent films: Swing Kids, Velvet Goldmine, A Midsummer's Night Dream, the TV Jesus thing, American Psycho, Laurel Canyon, the new Batman franchise, and I LOVED him in I'm Not There. I haven't sought out all of his films...I don't know if I could handle The Machinist, e.g. (because American Psycho is so easy to take!?!) but have always admired his choices...and abhorrence of the spotlight.