Charleston - August 7th

I've been to Wild Wings (we have a few here) but never to Buffalo Wild Wings. I assume they're similar places. My brother has actually been to the Sportz Cafe and he suggested avoiding it if it all possible. I think he had to meet clients there, and he said they were ordering pitchers of something like Miller Lite. I think that was the best they had. :lol

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to Wild Wings (we have a few here) but never to Buffalo Wild Wings. I assume they're similar places. My brother has actually been to the Sportz Cafe and he suggested avoiding it if it all possible. I think he had to meet clients there, and he said they were ordering pitchers of something like Miller Lite. I think that was the best they had. :lol

Haha yeah, Sportz Cafe is kind of a dive. Its only good to watch football because of the huge movie theater sized screen. Buffalo Wild Wings should have a descent selection of beers.

I really hope I can get rid of this extra ticket. At this point I'm ready to just give it away.

I asked my friend and he's going to be at the beach that week. If all else fails, I'm sure there will be people needing tickets at the show.

I've asked everybody I know and their mamas. The Thursday night thing blows it for most people, since Charleston is 4 hours roundtrip and they have to work the next day.

Somebody is actually selling tix for Row A. Sounds kinda fishy to me but the post says he's selling at face value so maybe not.

Edit - looks like someone bought those. Crap.

..hey, longtime lurker, first time poster......

...wondering: anyone staying downtown for this show???...me and a few friends will be hanging out pre-show at either the griffon or rooftop if anyone's in..........lotta decent spots to catch up.....

(....then trekkin' up for the boise and bend show the next coupla weeks....can't wait for that....)

...looks like a cab ride for us out to north chucktown.......

..hey, longtime lurker, first time poster......

...wondering: anyone staying downtown for this show???...me and a few friends will be hanging out pre-show at either the griffon or rooftop if anyone's in..........lotta decent spots to catch up.....

(....then trekkin' up for the boise and bend show the next coupla weeks....can't wait for that....)

...looks like a cab ride for us out to north chucktown.......

I've never been to the griffon, but the rooftop is awesome. I'd be game, but I think i'm going to stick with Wild Wings since it's so close to the venue. Driving from downtown to the PAC in rush hour traffic will not be a pleasant experience. :hmm

.....that's true.....hadn't really thought about traffic......guess we'll try and cab it a bit early....not sure exactly how far from downtown the NCPAC actually is.....

......anyway, the griffon's a little english pub right across the street from the rooftop, small, but good vibe......more brews on tap.....

...countdown....

.....that's true.....hadn't really thought about traffic......guess we'll try and cab it a bit early....not sure exactly how far from downtown the NCPAC actually is.....

......anyway, the griffon's a little english pub right across the street from the rooftop, small, but good vibe......more brews on tap.....

...countdown....

Its only about 10 miles from downtown, but I-26 will be pretty rough a couple hours before the doors open. Cabing it early would be wise.

I think we are going to go downtown earlier in the day though to do some touristy stuff, so we may stop by the griffons then. English Pub sounds right up my alley. :beer

Its only about 10 miles from downtown, but I-26 will be pretty rough a couple hours before the doors open. Cabing it early would be wise.

I think we are going to go downtown earlier in the day though to do some touristy stuff, so we may stop by the griffons then. English Pub sounds right up my alley. :beer

Wild Wing sounds like a plan. I just booked a room at the Days Inn Charleston - Airport Coliseum 2 blocks from the venue for $48.95 incuding tax. Continental breakfast too! Even if it is a dump, I'll take walking distance at $50 for one night.

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Boo...Number=00026946

....sorry, miscue...

....hey, the name of the pub is the Griffon, sorry for the confusion.....i'll be staying upstairs from there, always makes for an interesting late night.......

....looking forward to it......

Are ya'll gonna be around earlier in the day, ya know, how 'pre-show' ya'll gonna start? I'll be leaving Jacksonville after the show and head on Charleston way for the night, I hope to visit the graveyards or sullivan's island earlier in the day, was going to last month when I was out that way, but.... I'm staying the Days Inn near the PAC and closer to the show will meet up with some fellow VC'ers, guess they would or might go to Wild Wings???.... But downtown isn't far, but traffic would be tricky the closer to show time...

Wild Wing sounds like a plan. I just booked a room at the Days Inn Charleston - Airport Coliseum 2 blocks from the venue for $48.95 incuding tax. Continental breakfast too! Even if it is a dump, I'll take walking distance at $50 for one night.

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Boo...Number=00026946

Hey, I may have to check it out. Thats cheaper and closer to the PAC than the Red Roof we booked. I don't care about quality either, just a place to crash.. As long as it doesn't have bugs or anything. ;)

Are ya'll gonna be around earlier in the day, ya know, how 'pre-show' ya'll gonna start? I'll be leaving Jacksonville after the show and head on Charleston way for the night, I hope to visit the graveyards or sullivan's island earlier in the day, was going to last month when I was out that way, but.... I'm staying the Days Inn near the PAC and closer to the show will meet up with some fellow VC'ers, guess they would or might go to Wild Wings???.... But downtown isn't far, but traffic would be tricky the closer to show time...

We will be arriving in Charleston sometime in the AM and we'll just hang out downtown. Then, a couple hours before the show we'll be going to Wild Wings and it looks like watch me fall, and Colonel Elseworth with be there as well. You should come too Maddie and tip a few with us. :thumbup

Hey, I may have to check it out. Thats cheaper and closer to the PAC than the Red Roof we booked. I don't care about quality either, just a place to crash.. As long as it doesn't have bugs or anything. ;)

We will be arriving in Charleston sometime in the AM and we'll just hang out downtown. Then, a couple hours before the show we'll be going to Wild Wings and it looks like watch me fall, and Colonel Elseworth with be there as well. You should come too Maddie and tip a few with us. :thumbup

...damn, sorry, i suck at this....first time on any kind of message board....

...anyway, to reply to maddy's post....4 of us from VA. will be drivin' down starting early in the AM, and hope to be on Vendue Range by early afternoon....odds are, a couple or three at the Griffon or Rooftop 4 or 5ish......not sure when exactly the show starts, guess i'll check my stub.....but may do a little bar crawl before we cab it.....there's a billion little haunts to hang in....great walking town.......just wanna stay somewhat straight pre-show.....

...anyway, if we're early, we might check out the wild wings as well, not sure if there will be alcohol available at the show, but i'll keep my fingers crossed....

There is indeed a Wild Wings right down the street from the PAC. I've never been to one, but I've heard good things so it looks like you've found a winner. Buffalo Wild Wings - North Charleston

Cool. So this will be our pre-show hangout? Anyone else want to meet?

I am sure that you know this but in case someone doesn't, the BWW is 3/10ths of a mile from the PAC 5001 Coliseum Dr, North Charleston, SC 29418

0.3 mi (about 1 min)

1. Head northeast on Coliseum Dr toward International Blvd 0.1 mi

2. Continue on Centre Pointe Dr 0.2 mi

Centre Pointe Dr. The Days Inn and the Wild Wings both walking distance from the PAC! WHOOT!

I am sure that you know this but in case someone doesn't, the BWW is 3/10ths of a mile from the PAC 5001 Coliseum Dr, North Charleston, SC 29418

0.3 mi (about 1 min)

1. Head northeast on Coliseum Dr toward International Blvd 0.1 mi

2. Continue on Centre Pointe Dr 0.2 mi

Centre Pointe Dr. The Days Inn and the Wild Wings both walking distance from the PAC! WHOOT!

Thanks for that info Ellsworth. We'll probably get to the Wild Wings at around 5 or so. The show is at 8PM, so I assume doors will open at 7.

Sounds good to me! But I do have one question. How are we supposed to know who we all are??? :lol

Pics? Unique clothing? I can post a pic, but I'd have to get back to my home PC. When I went to see Nels a couple weeks ago, Three Dollars and Sixty Three Cents told me that she'd be the girl with the silver purse. :lol