Charleston - August 7th

I'll have to check to see what the start time for Indy was.. Maybe it was 7.. But Bon Iver started at 7:15.. Sorry to confuse.

Edit: According to this, Indy start time was 7:30, and Bon Iver started at 7:15.. So I'm confused now, so I guess I'll just make sure and be there by 7. :)

Yeah, Bon Iver definitely started early. We were milling around the merch tent when my husband heard "Flume" and realized they had taken the stage already, so we hustled over. Wilco came on at almost exactly at 8:30.

I gave up smashing pumpkin tickets......

Sounds like you owe Wilco for forcing your hand in that move.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the current Smashing Pumpkins just Billy Corgan and some dudes? Hardly a sacrifice I'd say.

Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up we are still planning on doing Buffalo Wild Wing around 5:00 or 5:30 in the bar area. I'll be the short brunette with glasses and flip flops. I'm sure that narrows it down a bit. :thumbup

Looking forward to meeting watch me fall (love that name!) and others!

Isn't the current Smashing Pumpkins just Billy Corgan and some dudes? Hardly a sacrifice I'd say.

Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up we are still planning on doing Buffalo Wild Wing around 5:00 or 5:30 in the bar area. I'll be the short brunette with glasses and flip flops. I'm sure that narrows it down a bit. :thumbup

I really hope we can make it in time. Our babysitter was supposed to keep the kids for the day, but now she's saying she may not be able to get them until 3, which means we would be arriving in Charleston just in time for the show. :realmad

Unless we can find another babysitter which would mean we could meet up with you guys. :dancing

I really hope we can make it in time. Our babysitter was supposed to keep the kids for the day, but now she's saying she may not be able to get them until 3, which means we would be arriving in Charleston just in time for the show. :realmad

Unless we can find another babysitter which would mean we could meet up with you guys. :dancing

I really hope you guys can make it!

If not, we can just come find you in your pit seats. :realmad

I really hope you guys can make it!

If not, we can just come find you in your pit seats. :realmad

I hope we can too.. And yes, we'll be in seats 11 and 12 on the front row, to be exact. :)

(hope I haven't pissed anyone off too bad on this board, now they would know where to find me :lol )

I hope we can too.. And yes, we'll be in seats 11 and 12 on the front row, to be exact. :)

(hope I haven't pissed anyone off too bad on this board, now they would know where to find me :lol )

I figure I'll just walk down to the front during intermission and yell out "Lamrod".

Looking forward to meeting watch me fall (love that name!) and others!

My wife and I are heading in about 5 to Chas. Hopefully we can wander over. I'll either be wearing a Fender or Levon Helm Band ballcap. You won't be able to miss me. Really.

If I could have scored the first tickets that showed up on Music Today back when the date was in Feb., would have been sitting behind you, enough to give you noogies during the show.

I figure I'll just walk down to the front during intermission and yell out "Lamrod".

"Hey Lamrod, its watch me fall!" Thats pretty much what 3 Dollars and Sixty Three Cents did at the Nels Cline show. :lol

If I could have scored the first tickets that showed up on Music Today back when the date was in Feb., would have been sitting behind you, enough to give you noogies during the show.

:lol

Yeah, we got the front row tickets using the Ticketmaster presale, not the Music Today (never had much luck with that). At first I kept getting balc seats, but after a few refreshes, the front row tickets showed up.. Woo hoo.

I posted this on the Charleston and Jax threads, FWIW

If the past is any clue, here are 13 songs the band has played in each of the first 4 dates (and are pretty standard for the rest of the shows in '08 (touring with the Total Pros would ensure a few of these in the rotation):

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Handshake Drugs

I'm the Man Who Loves You (w/Total Pros)

Hate It Here (w/TP)

Walken (w/TP)

Impossible Germany

Shot in the Arm

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Jesus, etc.

You Are My Face

Company in My Back

One Wing

Sunny Feeling

Can't Stand It and Monday have fit in with Total Pros. Only about 38 different songs have been covered in the four shows. Hoodoo Voodoo, Heavy Metal Drummer and Either Way made in all but Lollapalooza.

I posted this on the Charleston and Jax threads, FWIW

If the past is any clue, here are 13 songs the band has played in each of the first 4 dates (and are pretty standard for the rest of the shows in '08 (touring with the Total Pros would ensure a few of these in the rotation):

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Handshake Drugs

I'm the Man Who Loves You (w/Total Pros)

Hate It Here (w/TP)

Walken (w/TP)

Impossible Germany

Shot in the Arm

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Jesus, etc.

You Are My Face

Company in My Back

One Wing

Sunny Feeling

Can't Stand It and Monday have fit in with Total Pros. Only about 38 different songs have been covered in the four shows. Hoodoo Voodoo, Heavy Metal Drummer and Either Way made in all but Lollapalooza.

Interesting. Man, I really hope the Total Pros are going to be there. They really add some "balls" to the sound. :pray

Yeah, Bon Iver definitely started early. We were milling around the merch tent when my husband heard "Flume" and realized they had taken the stage already, so we hustled over. Wilco came on at almost exactly at 8:30.

Sounds like you owe Wilco for forcing your hand in that move.

Talked to the venue today and the start time is 8pm. I asked if there was an 11 pm curfew and he said no. :dancing :worship

So that means they could play as long as they like.

I had no problem missing pumpkins as I know he doesnt have but maybe on original member beside billy.

Hoping the horns hang around. I got to see original little feat back in 70's with tower of power horns and it sure made for a fun show.

Hotter then blazes as I was hoping to stop at beach for a swim before show but not if its 100 ooutside.

They also said traffic should be easy in and out due to small crowd. Boss is in the big house next week.

Anyone here see the Plant Krauss tour.... Talk about some kick ass players Stuart Duncan and the guitar player (not Tb0ne) were remarkable. Have to say I rate that show in my top 5. Plant is having so much fun with music. Throwing in Zepplin howls etc to some spine tingling songs. they are doing fall tour dont miss if they come near you.

Talked to the venue today and the start time is 8pm. I asked if there was an 11 pm curfew and he said no. :dancing :worship

So that means they could play as long as they like.

Thanks for calling and sharing the info. I'm still going to show up by 7 (when the doors open), just in case Bon Iver plays earlier than 8. I don't want to miss him!

Here's what they played last time they were in town:

2006-03-08 Wilco North Charleston Performing Arts Center Charleston, SC

1. Handshake Drugs

2. Poor Places

3. Remember The Mountain Bed

4. Forget The Flowers

5. At Least That's What You Said

6. Either Way

7. Hell Is Chrome

8. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

9. Hummingbird

10. A Shot In The Arm

11. Jesus, Etc.

12. Muzzle Of Bees

13. The Good Part

14. Walken

15. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

16. I'm The Man Who Loves You

Encore 1:

17. The Late Greats

18. Red-Eyed And Blue

19. I Got You (At The End Of The Century)

20. Heavy Metal Drummer

21. War On War

Encore 2:

22. Kingpin

:dancing

Interesting. Man, I really hope the Total Pros are going to be there.

The giveaway for the Indy show was three black music stands on the side of the stage near Pat's area. One of them had a little sticker on the back side of it that said "TRUMPET". :thumbup

I think we're gonna be able to make it in time to go to Wild Wings.

Should be there between 5-5:30. Dark haired couple, drinking pitcher beer, I'll be wearing a black shirt, the wife will be wearing a black dress.. (no we aren't Goth.. lol) :thumbup

Me too. Probably won't sleep much tonight. Or tomorrow night.

Couldn't have been more wrong about this. Slept like a baby and through the alarm. :lol

On a better note, heard Airline to Heaven on the way to work. That's a good sign, right??!

The giveaway for the Indy show was three black music stands on the side of the stage near Pat's area. One of them had a little sticker on the back side of it that said "TRUMPET". :thumbup

They set up way in the back on the right (facing the stage) -- you'll be able to see the small monitors for the horns' ear buds. I got to wander up front before the show, nozing around the stage setup. With Bon Iver set up in front of the Wilco stuff you couldn't squeeze a muffin between the gear.

Does anyone know of any tapers planning on recording the show? I'm hoping for something special at this concert, and I'm hoping someone is able to capture it.

If you know of anyone, perhaps you should explore whether or not they'll let you plug into the soundboard - it looks like Stan (the sound guy) has been a little open about getting the soundboard as long as the recordings are only released as matrixes.

Oh please, please, let this be the case for the Charleston show. And I'd love it if a taper would be able to capture Bon Iver as well.

This is going to be special - I can feel it!