Charleston - August 7th

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics? Unique clothing? I can post a pic, but I'd have to get back to my home PC. When I went to see Nels a couple weeks ago, Three Dollars and Sixty Three Cents told me that she'd be the girl with the silver purse. :lol

Ah. well I have a lime green purse. Maybe I'll bring that.

I have another question for those who may be familiar with the area. I know all of these places (the venue, Days Inn, Wild Wings) are all within walking distance of one another but are we talking about crowded, commercial roads that are safe for walking or no? I was thinking of parking at Wild Wings and then just leaving my car and walking to the venue and back to my car but not at the expense of getting hit by a car. I love Wilco, but not that much.

I have another question for those who may be familiar with the area. I know all of these places (the venue, Days Inn, Wild Wings) are all within walking distance of one another but are we talking about crowded, commercial roads that are safe for walking or no? I was thinking of parking at Wild Wings and then just leaving my car and walking to the venue and back to my car but not at the expense of getting hit by a car. I love Wilco, but not that much.

From what I remember, its pretty busy all around the PAC and I'm pretty sure you'd have to cross atleast one busy intersection to get there. I'm not even sure if there is a sidewalk.

I really do hope you guys see a great show. I promise no bullshit in that statement.

I appreciate that Jules. But its' going to have to be better than great to make up for the re-schedule.. TOTALLY kidding! ;)

From what I remember, its pretty busy all around the PAC and I'm pretty sure you'd have to cross atleast one busy intersection to get there. I'm not even sure if there is a sidewalk.

The hotel is located off I-526, if that gives you any indication. It's about 7 blocks away according to Mapquest.

That's what I thought. But that one guy seemed pretty happy everything was all in walking distance.

I was thinking basically the same thing for the Jacksonville show. With Google Maps Street View, you can essentially walk down the street in virtual reality to see what the sidewalks are like. Shit's crazy.

I was thinking basically the same thing for the Jacksonville show. With Google Maps Street View, you can essentially walk down the street in virtual reality to see what the sidewalks are like. Shit's crazy.

If the show was in downtown Charleston, walking would definitely be ok but from what I've seen of North Charleston, I don't think I'll try it.

I'm gonna try that street view thing later. Sounds cool.

Jacksonville's downtown has had a huge influx of condos along the waterfront, so they've had to beef up security. You can walk anywhere, within reason.

If the show was in downtown Charleston, walking would definitely be ok but from what I've seen of North Charleston, I don't think I'll try it.

I'm gonna try that street view thing later. Sounds cool.

It's not available in South Carolina. However, you can see my Christmas decorations from my front yard last year if you typed in my address.

Not available here? Why am I not surprised. Our motto is "Last in Everything".

It's available in Columbia and Greenville/Spartanburg. I can see the house I grew up in in Greenville. The new owners screwed it all up.. :ohwell

walking from that buffalo wild wing (not to be confused with wild wings) would be possible but you would have to cross a large road that may or may not be busy. it's usually not too busy when there's not a show but it's the main thoroughfare leading to parking for the npac so near showtime it's a little crazy but not high speed crazy. not sure if sidewalks are available on coliseum drive where the restaurant is.

it would be safe otherwise to walk in that area as it's not near anything else really but otherwise don't go walking around in north charleston. it's one very dangerous place with a very high crime rate, ie top ten in the nation for it's size.

arrrgh. so now our babysitter has decided she can't work thursday night even though she's been committed to it for over two months. our other babysitter is out of town. anyone want to babysit? i've got a big screen tv with wilco's last two acl shows on the dvr.

That's what I thought. But that one guy seemed pretty happy everything was all in walking distance.

Good news! That one guy called both the Days Inn and Buffalo Wild Wings. He was told that it is a safe walk to the PAC from each. :dancing