MLB 2008 Part 3, Take 2

did you see how cute he was? He got dirty and everything. Much cuter in a red sox uniform than that ghey pic of him in a pirates uniform sitting in the sand. What was THAT about?

he looks like a farmer to me (that's a good thing, not bad). no, i missed him sitting in the sand. maybe he didn't like his uniform at the time?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very nice welcome. He shyly went to tip his helmet, too. I dvr'd the LAD game to watch Manny's debut, as well.

I agree it's energized the fan base and I'd imagine the clubhouse, too.

oh yah, it was a great welcome -- it really surprised me, i don't think i'd ever seen that before. it might help put the entire team back on track.

God damn fucking fucker ass Heilman AGAIN! And Wagner and the rest of those bums. I can just imagine Randolph is this very minute cackling over cigars and brandy with the disembodied head of Steinbrenner in a vat.

Our columnist, John Thorn, wrote a pretty good piece on bullpens, the save stat and whether modern bullpen management in any better than how it was done in the old days:

http://www.ulsterpublishing.com/index.cfm?...rticleID=457584

God damn fucking fucker ass Heilman AGAIN! And Wagner and the rest of those bums. I can just imagine Randolph is this very minute cackling over cigars and brandy with the disembodied head of Steinbrenner in a vat.

I thought they were only crappy with Randolph at the helm?

Our columnist, John Thorn, wrote a pretty good piece on bullpens, the save stat and whether modern bullpen management in any better than how it was done in the old days:

http://www.ulsterpublishing.com/index.cfm?...rticleID=457584

"60 Minutes" is rerunning its segment on Bill James tonight.

I'm just poking fun. Seems everytime we win you guys and the philliesdo too, so I have to relish gaining ground.

This race is going to drive me to drink. Did you read the Thorn article?

This race is going to drive me to drink. Did you read the Thorn article?

That article was a beaitiful example of logical thinking about a fairly confusimg subject. For as sure as lammy or I may feel we are, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Thorn is awesome. I think Holtzman's original proposal for the save would have been a better metric than what they eventually adopted.

ESPN has been reading this board for story ideas: The Most Overrated Position in Sports

Francisco Rodriguez is racking up the saves but hasn't entered a game before the ninth inning or with a runner on base all season.

That's actually startling. Makes me even less impressed with his season. At least Paps has gone in a few times when his team actually needed him.

Francisco Rodriguez is racking up the saves but hasn't entered a game before the ninth inning or with a runner on base all season.

That's actually startling. Makes me even less impressed with his season. At least Paps has gone in a few times when his team actually needed him.

It may be overrated, but every time the Rangers bring C.J. Wilson in, I have to cover my eyes.

It may be overrated, but every time the Rangers bring C.J. Wilson in, I have to cover my eyes.

Anytime Detroit brings anyone in, I turn the tv off.

The only reason I am not using a lot of intemperate language to describe Aaron Heilman's performance tonight is that the Mets actually won the game, despite his severe suckitude.