MLB 2008 Part 3, Take 2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone think Coco could've kept running for that flyball that ended the Sox-Rays game last night? I mean granted, the game was over either way, but you never know. Or did he not have a chance at snagging it.

Not a chance. It was well over his head. He's quick, but.....

Sort of late on this, but I just stumbled on this nugget at FJM:

Interesting note from the latest Gammons piece:

In Ramirez's first 40 games, the Dodgers had a run differential of plus-22 and averaged 4.55 runs per game, as opposed to 4.43 through July 31....It's hard to talk about the MVP Award for Manny when the team that paid the Dodgers to take Ramirez is 27-13 without him through Sunday and have seen their runs per game increase from 4.94 at the time of the deal to 6.22 since.

# posted by Junior : 9/14/2008 8:34 PM

wow, that's interesting. i suspect the sox clubhouse atmosphere was worse before the trade than anyone could say, despite numerous leaked hints.

So Manny should get the AL MVP.

:lol

If the White Sox hold on to win the division without him, that might undercut his case.

Probably in voters' minds, but I'm not sure that's fair. By my count, they are 9-12 (.429) when he hasn't played and 75-54 (.581) when he did play. I don't know what the runs/game numbers are. The White Sox holding on this month has more to do with the implosion of the Minnesota bullpen than anything else.

And Jaye Davidson should've been nominated for Best Supporting Actor and Actress.

i've always thought that.

Indians just pulled Lee with the game tied in the seventh. It was his last home start of the season, and the crowd wanted a curtain call. But the TV guys said the stadium music drowned out the crowd.

That sucks. Sometimes, you gotta pull the plug on SOP.