living room show on aquarium drunkard for DL

So weird...two people NOT on the board both sent me this same link this morning.

I love how my friends take good care of me :D

nice... something to listen to at work

edit 1: lol some terrible singers in the crowd for airline to heaven

"turn your eye to the lord of the sky" - someone is trying to harmonize an octave above jeff and is failing miserably

edit 2: haha jeff is screwing up pretty much every song. pretty funny stuff.

you realize it's not a public event? probably the 30 people there pooled up thousands of dollars to win the charity concert.

I believe they've been doing more than 1 the past few years. It's private been not undoable by any means. But Philly, probably not.

nice... something to listen to at work

edit 1: lol some terrible singers in the crowd for airline to heaven

"turn your eye to the lord of the sky" - someone is trying to harmonize an octave above jeff and is failing miserably

edit 2: haha jeff is screwing up pretty much every song. pretty funny stuff.

I have to say, this is only good for Tweedy's between-song jibber jabber. The actual tunes are unlistenable thanks to the singing, much of it extremely loud.

I have to say, this is only good for Tweedy's between-song jibber jabber. The actual tunes are unlistenable thanks to the singing, much of it extremely loud.

We are lucky these shows are even available. Some of the shows are not - and I can see why. It's posts like yours that back-up my belief that these shows should not be released for the world to hear. You don't know the whole story - maybe you want to do some searching on the topic living room show - via the search box, to see what the deal is.

We are lucky these shows are even available. Some of the shows are not - and I can see why. It's posts like yours that back-up my belief that these shows should not be released for the world to hear. You don't know the whole story - maybe you want to do some searching on the topic living room show - via the search box, to see what the deal is.

I agree that we are lucky they are available, I'm all in favor of getting as much music out there as possible. And I get the gist of the story of the show. I've listened to it once, and I probably won't listen repeatedly to it for the aforementioned reason. That's not to say I don't wish I was there, and also not to say I wouldn't have been singing just as loud. I bet the intimacy of the setting and the sense of community and of charity were amazing and that comes through, but I wasn't there so the recording doesn't mean as much to me as it does to someone who was. I don't mean to offend you and I don't mean to say that this stuff isn't worthwhile, I just mean that I'm not going to go back and spend a ton of time with this recording.

Maybe that is the deal - I have never really listened to any of them - maybe one of the last ones. What's really funny is - we don't have this show up at the Wilco Live Show Archive - it is actually coming in all the way from Europe. So we will have it in FLAC eventually.

The recording of this show was easily the worst of the three that I have been to. And it was at my house. And I am probably the bad singer. There, I said it.

The recording of this show was easily the worst of the three that I have been to. And it was at my house. And I am probably the bad singer. There, I said it.

*Stamps "ASS" above your head* /a la Conan O'Brian and Max

overall i enjoyed the recording, not the greatest sure, but it's fun to listen to. the only really terrible singing is in airline to heaven. jeff screws up about 5 songs, but it's always funny when he does.

what i wonder is if he really "forgot how to play" summerteeth like he says in the recording, or he just didn't want to play it. if i ever got to go to one of these performances - kamera, pot kettle black, summerteeth, and candyfloss would be at the top of my list.

I ruined What's The World Got In Store. And you know what? I don't care. I still love listening to it.

That is all.