• 1 month later...
very psyched to see the show tonight.

Has anyone attended this tour yet? Reviews?

apparently he played 3 or 4 encores last night here in Minneapolis!

wish i could have gone but i had to sell my great seats because of Neil Young, i don't regret my decision one bit :)

very psyched to see the show tonight.

Has anyone attended this tour yet? Reviews?

I saw his set at ACL. He is playing essentially (exactly?) the same set each night. I love the new album and the new songs (which are more or less alternated with Eno-era Talking Heads tunes plus Help Me Somebody from Bush of Ghosts) stand up nicely next to the classics. I love the amateurish dancers as well. Made for a typically interesting and unique Byrne show. If you like the new album and the previous Byrne/Eno collaborations, you'll like this.

Awesome awesome show.

First show in a long time that I was smiling throughout. The dancers were great, and one of his backup singers was va-va-va-voom!

Played a healthy mix of Heads + latest album + other Eno collabs. Audience gave him his first standing O after Houses in Motion - about 4 songs in. (caveat - Americans give Standing Os WAY too easily, but this was one of the few that I've seen that was really merited)

The mix of older nerds/hipsters were clearly clamoring for more Talking Heads.

I'm glad to hear it was a good show, I couldn't afford tix so I chose to go see deerhoof instead last night. They were amazing and right after their set was over I turn around and I'm face to face with david byrne. I guess he snuck over after his show to watch some of deerhoof. I was so excited, he shook my hand while I just grinned like an idiot

I'm glad to hear it was a good show, I couldn't afford tix so I chose to go see deerhoof instead last night. They were amazing and right after their set was over I turn around and I'm face to face with david byrne. I guess he snuck over after his show to watch some of deerhoof. I was so excited, he shook my hand while I just grinned like an idiot

Wow, what a night!