Election Year!!!

I read in the paper that the impregnator kid "Levi" is being shipped to the RNC. I feel for this kid. On his myspace page, he stated he didn't want kids. Obviously that was his own mistake, but 5 months ago when this girl became pregnant, he had no idea he would be turned into a symbol of pro-life policies in action. He's going to be on a national stage tonight with the family. Shit.

I saw some pics from his myspace page, Levi & Brooke really like guns, and he's proud to be a redneck. Typical teenage boy that screwed the wrong chick. Sounds like he is taking responsibility though, but why bring him to the RNC if they want the kids left out of it?What does this prove?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i completely agree w/ your co-worker. i agree w/ your post on the whole 'culture war' post too. a good majority of folks so maligned that the other side are makign themn such important issues are doing quite a good job of perpetuating that themselves.

i, seriously, don't give an iota of a care about palin's religious views...her daughter's pregnancy and how that fits in w/ her stance on sex ed/pro-lifeism...that she's a woman w/ kids...none of that addresses the economic concerns that greatly overshadow anythign else me and my family need to worry about.

you are playing into the GOP's hands by the outcry over it.

No we are not, this is how the GOP exercises their divide and conquer strategy. They segment the market and peel off a few voters who like guns, then segment it again and get the single issue abortion voters, then again to get those who want Christianity to be our national religion, then again to hit at the activist courts etc

Up until Friday morning, I had every intention of voting for McCain. Now, I don't see how I can. McCain is 72 years old and has had cancer. His V-P pick should have been someone who could very credibly stepped in to become commander-in-chief. Label me as sexist or whatever else, but governor of Alaska for

It's not sexist in the least, unless it's just because she's a woman. One thing I fear will be annoying if O wins, is that some racist people may cry racism when white people disagree with Obama.

well, you know, otherwise there would be a huge clamor about where he is being hidden.

Like when those morons at Fox News were making noise about what secrets Obama must be hiding because his mother had not made any appearances with him....his deceased mother.

2wodh8p.gif Sad that being a female victim can possibly win an election. Obama has made it clear he does not support this idea, or such dirty behavior from his party, It's the media doing this crap.

you are right. the "news" stations ought to take an oath and donate 90% of their broadcast time to public service announcements. maybe the remaining 10% could be spent on real issues.

I saw some pics from his myspace page, Levi & Brooke really like guns, and he's proud to be a redneck. Typical teenage boy that screwed the wrong chick. Sounds like he is taking responsibility though, but why bring him to the RNC if they want the kids left out of it?What does this prove?

Hopefully, people wake up and don't just cast their vote on the so-called family values deal, leadership in times of war, and religious beliefs of canidates this time. We'll see. I figure my state will go for McCain though - but I know I won't be voting for him.

well, you know, otherwise there would be a huge clamor about where he is being hidden.

Leave the kids @ home if you want them left out of the media. Why would he be hidden? He's already done the deed. Is he at risk of being killed or something?

Maybe saying he & Brooke are in hiding to protect them from the big bad Dems would have worked for them better than dragging him to the RNC..

Like when those morons at Fox News were making noise about what secrets Obama must be hiding because his mother had not made any appearances with him....his deceased mother.

Awesome one JS. Yeah, she sucked for that one. It's probably cause she's not in heaven, or she could have been there.

No we are not, this is how the GOP exercises their divide and conquer strategy. They segment the market and peel off a few voters who like guns, then segment it again and get the single issue abortion voters, then again to get those who want Christianity to be our national religion, then again to hit at the activist courts etc
jesus dude, wtf? stop prying into my life if you don't trust the answers. how about you go fuck yourself?

Nice one???? The last election thread reached a 1000 posts because this sort of thing did not take place.It was quite nice to hear what everyone had to say, including you Kwall. Can we not tell people to go fuck themselves?

Do you think she was chosen to help with the evangelical right that McCain has struggled with? I do.

I think there are a myriad number of reasons why she was chosen. She has certainly excited the Republican base, which I'm sure was one of them.

Nice one???? The last election thread reached a 1000 posts because this sort of thing did not take place.It was quite nice to hear what everyone had to say, including you Kwall. Can we not tell people to go fuck themselves?

i'm sorry, this john smith character got under my skin with his implication that i'm lying.

You keep saying this, but I'm not sure why you are so confident that it is true.

Hothead! There is so much recorded evidence that shows McCain losing it and telling the media and elected officials to go fuck a duck. This sort of a temper is really hard to contain when push comes to shove. Obama proved he can stay level headed no matter what is thrown @ him. He's a smooth talker under pressure, McCain is not.

Obama hits Davis on 'issues'

Ben Smith 2 hours, 12 minutes ago

Carrie Budoff Brown reports:

Barack Obama hit John McCain on Wednesday over a comment from his campaign manager that the presidential race will be decided more on personalities than on issues.

Nope they want those issues to stick around and be toted out every election cycle., otherwise they lose a segment.

that is exactly my point. you continue to help them make them legitimate issues by...well...making them legitimate issues! the only people talking about these issues as much, if not more than, the 'religious right'? the overly offended not-so-religious left. frankly, i don't give a shit about the absolutes either side demands in the face of losing my job, not being able to sell my house, entering thunderdome to be able to gas up my car, not being able to afford sending twin boys to college at the same time, worrying about another cold war, etc.

believe in god or don't believe in god and manage your life accordingly in a way that isn't intrusive and/or demaning to others. outside of that...i. don't. care. at all.

i'm sorry, this john smith character got under my skin with his implication that i'm lying.

One more time and you will get spanked son :lol I know how you feel though, this election and all the circles have me dizzy. I'm drinking more than usual. That, and no Wilco since Feb!

Hothead! There is so much recorded evidence that shows McCain losing it and telling the media and elected officials to go fuck a duck. This sort of a temper is really hared to contain when push comes to shove. Obama proved he can stay level headed no matter what is thrown @ him. He's a smooth talker under pressure, McCain is not.

Yeah, he's

without a teleprompter.
jesus dude, wtf? stop prying into my life if you don't trust the answers. how about you go fuck yourself?

Nice answer. The tap dance comment was not implying that you were lying at all, if you read it that way then that's how you read it. Sorry if you take it that way. It was meant to imply that you tied together your disparate answers so neatly in a simple reply. I'd rather not f*&k myself though.