PHISH IS BACK!!!!

you read write, last night they played their mangers wedding. Three songs, Suzy Greenberg, Waste, and Julius. I know there is already a phish thread going but i think this is big enough news it deserves its own space.

you read write, last night they played their mangers wedding. Three songs, Suzy Greenberg, Waste, and Julius. I know there is already a phish thread going but i think this is big enough news it deserves its own space.

See Julius here:

Thanks for the heads up jc4. I guess I'll wander over to the 'green board' and see how many threads/mock threads are devoted to this. Wish me luck! :P

It's not unusual for a band to play at the weddding of a person who was associated with the band in some form or another.

The Rolling Stones, The Police, KISS, and Led Zeppelin, have all done this in the past - just to name a few.

It's not unusual for a band to play at the weddding of a person who was associated with the band in some form or another.

The Rolling Stones, The Police, KISS, and Led Zeppelin, have all done this in the past - just to name a few.

Phish did it during their hiatus also.

REM played a wedding party in a bowling alley once too...best wedding setlist I can think off!

8 October 2005 - Kingpin's Bowling Alley, Athens, GA

set:

01. Sitting Still

02. (Don't Go Back To) Rockville (Mike Mills on vocals)

03. Wolves, Lower

04. Begin The Begin

05. The One I Love

06. Permanent Vacation

07. short intrumental/Michael talking

08. Radio Free Europe

The thing about Phish playing the wedding though is people are banking on them getting back together. They haven't appeared together in public as far as I know since they broke up. Thus making it kind of exciting! :thumbup

Posted on billboard.com this morning:

Phish Reunites At Friend's NYC Wedding

Phish

Video: Phish jams on "Julius."

September 08, 2008 , 11:10 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Phish's four members reunited on stage for the first time in more than four years Saturday night (Sept. 6) at the New York wedding of former road manager Brad Sands.

According to reports, Trey Anastasio, Mike Gordon, Jon Fishman and Page McConnell performed "Suzy Greenberg," "Julius" and "Waste" for the presumably stunned wedding guests.

Later, Police drummer Stewart Copeland jammed with the wedding band on his former band's "Can't Stand Losing You" and the Meters' "Fire on the Bayou."