• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People leaving the theater doesn't mean it's a bad film.

Pulp Fiction, Boogie Nights, Goodfellas, each one I saw in the theater and there were people walking out.

Well, I liked all three of those. I saw W. and if it were up to JUST ME I would've walked too. I found W. completely not worth it.

The genre of the film is satire, I'm pretty sure.

Not nearly as much as one may have wanted which I think may be part of the issue.

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT waste your money on this...at least not in the theater.

I don't know what this was SUPPOSE to be...entertaining, biographical, or what but it was just awful. People were actually leaving the theater. I'm fine w/ the fact that it wasn't so much a bashing on Bush and/or his Presidency but it was just "wtf?!?" When it was over, we didn't even know it was over. You know what it was like?!? Trippin'...if I knew what tripping was like. It's like the visions keep being thrown at you but nothing makes sense, there's no cohesive quality at all.

What a waste of energy, time and money...*sigh*

Well, thanks for that Ellen. I guess I'll just rent the movie and watch it at home.

It's not really satire at all. It's a made for tv quality biopic focusing mainly on his fucked up father/son relationship.

Speaking of made for TV, I'm struck by the coincidence of Josh Brolin playing Bush after James "Streisand" Brolin played Ronald Reagan in that controversial CBS miniseries about 10 years ago.

Well, thanks for that Ellen. I guess I'll just rent the movie and watch it at home.

You're welcome, I think. It sounds as tho you're perturbed but I'm assuming I'm just reading it wrong. :cheekkiss

You're welcome, I think. It sounds as tho you're perturbed but I'm assuming I'm just reading it wrong. :cheekkiss

Oh, no, not in the least. I guess I was just wanting this thing to be really good. I won't spend 20 bucks for Michelle and I to go to a theatre to see it, but a 3 dollar rental? Sure.

Guest Hollinger.

There's a good film in the material that's there, it just isn't the one Stone put out. The disjointed editing does nothing for the flow of the movie. The score and the way a lot of scenes were lit make it feel like a bad tv movie. Most of the performances were spectacular. I think we're eventually going to see a hell of a director's cut after Stone has some time to work on it. It felt like he rushed through things to get this out before the election.

The disjointed editing does nothing for the flow of the movie. The score and the way a lot of scenes were lit make it feel like a bad tv movie. It felt like he rushed through things to get this out before the election.

EXACTLY!

Report coming out of Arkansas:

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) _ A morning anchor for a Little Rock television station was found in her home early Monday suffering from life-threatening wounds.

Little Rock police say KATV anchor Anne Pressly, 26, was found by her mother at about 4:30 a.m. lying in her bed and bleeding from "severe wounds," Little Rock police spokesman Cassandra Davis said.

Davis said there were no suspects as of mid-morning Monday but that the attack may have come during a robbery, because Pressly's purse was missing. Davis said investigators are talking to friends of Pressly's to find out if she had been threatened.

The last known contact with Pressly was between 9:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Sunday. Davis said Pressly's mother gives her daughter a wake-up call and went to the house Monday when Pressly didn't answer.

Pressly was taken to St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center, where a spokeswoman didn't immediately return a call regarding Pressly's condition.

She plays Ann Coulter in "W"

Was it more like Nixon or Natural Born Killers or Any Given Sunday?

• 3 weeks later...
Pretty good movie, but the woman who plays condaleeza was terrible. Can't get over it...

Huh, I saw this today and I think Thandie Newton's was my favorite of the staff impersonations. She got the weird elderly tremble of Rice spot-on.