I do!!

The previews make it look like possibly the best Stone movie since Wall Street. Just freakin' funny & crazy. It looks like to me that there's such a comedic element (black comedy, to be sure) to this movie that Stone won't want it treated like a historical document the way he did w/ JFK (it still absolutely enrages me that curricular materials were sent to schools for that movie!!!).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do!!

The previews make it look like possibly the best Stone movie since Wall Street. Just freakin' funny & crazy. It looks like to me that there's such a comedic element (black comedy, to be sure) to this movie that Stone won't want it treated like a historical document the way he did w/ JFK (it still absolutely enrages me that curricular materials were sent to schools for that movie!!!).

I find his style irritating. I really haven't enjoyed any of his work since Salvador.

Plus, pounding on W. is like shooting fish in a barrell.

It might be fun. I expect mediocrity. I think Stone has made some comments about the film being a study of the greater phenomenon that is Bush's life and how such a bumbler was the right personality at the right time. It could be really interesting. Stone has launched quite a few stinkers though.

Seeing this movie is not a priority. If I happen to catch it on cable some months from now, I may watch. Its kind of like 'Religulous'. I know what I'm in for, so what's the point? Anything that Stone will say about GWB in the movie, I already know.

it is intresting to think about, I mean when I herd about this I was thinking what the hell are they going to show cause this guys entire presidency has been a mystery.

I honestly don't feel like I have a real picture of who this guy is and how things have actually worked over the last 8 years, do any of you?

Dreyfus as Cheney has to be worth the price of admission alone. I think I will get in the spirit of things and sneak booze into theater.

De nada. When we went to see "Burn After Reading," the girl who sat next to me was drinking something gin-like from a soda bottle. I was like, "Fuck, I forgot you can do that."

i want to see this. although, not sure if i'll shell out the big bucks to catch it in the theater. i might though. i have always like Stone. you just have to put aside the "historical" aspect and take his movies for what they are, entertainment.

i want to see this. although, not sure if i'll shell out the big bucks to catch it in the theater. i might though. i have always like Stone. you just have to put aside the "historical" aspect and take his movies for what they are, entertainment.

I like many of hos movies too, but I have to take issue with this statement. When you send out curriculum materials in the hopes that your movie (JFK) will be shown in class, it ceases to be just entertainment. That movie has twisted the minds of millions of people too lazy to do their own research and see just how full of holes and contradictions it is.

I saw Stone's interview on Colbert Report last week. I'll give him this, it was funny!

Josh Brolin was interviewed on NPR the other day about this. They played a clip of dialogue between Bush and Rove that was just seemed so stupid. Something to effect of*

Bush: I know what the people want. I'm a business owner and I chat with the fans and the hotdog vendors at the stadium. I've got my finger on the pulse.

Rove: People think George Bush is a spoiled jerk. They think you got all your money in stock swaps your daddy arranged. I can make them like you.

Bush: You're just the word man. This campaign would begin and end with me.

Rove: You think I'm just going to sprinkle some magical pixie dust on you?

*Note: I wasn't paying that much attention and at first thought it was a stupid skit.

No, I know someone who saw a screening and confirmed this.

Josh Brolin was interviewed on NPR the other day about this. They played a clip of dialogue between Bush and Rove that was just seemed so stupid. Something to effect of*

Bush: I know what the people want. I'm a business owner and I chat with the fans and the hotdog vendors at the stadium. I've got my finger on the pulse.

Rove: People think George Bush is a spoiled jerk. They think you got all your money in stock swaps your daddy arranged. I can make them like you.

Bush: You're just the word man. This campaign would begin and end with me.

Rove: You think I'm just going to sprinkle some magical pixie dust on you?

*Note: I wasn't paying that much attention and at first thought it was a stupid skit.

I read somewhere that everything was based on actual dialogue with more than 1 source confirming it happened.

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT waste your money on this...at least not in the theater.

I don't know what this was SUPPOSE to be...entertaining, biographical, or what but it was just awful. People were actually leaving the theater. I'm fine w/ the fact that it wasn't so much a bashing on Bush and/or his Presidency but it was just "wtf?!?" When it was over, we didn't even know it was over. You know what it was like?!? Trippin'...if I knew what tripping was like. It's like the visions keep being thrown at you but nothing makes sense, there's no cohesive quality at all.

What a waste of energy, time and money...*sigh*