I'm Seeing Stone Temple Pilots with The Meat Puppets tonight....

I saw Meat Puppets back in 1987.

Amazing show.

Then I saw them in 1989.

Not as amazing.

I would love to see them again, though.

One of my favorite bands.

And, just hope that they play "Six-Gallon Pie", at least if you're a fan of jaw-dropping guitar stuff.

I've seen them a few times on this reunion tour, here is a review from me during summer (with pics, got to meet DeLeo too)

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?sho...e+temple+pilots

They're great. I'm obviously biased, but they really don't get their due. Their last two albums were stellar (especially the fifth which no one bought). I think Weiland is a power house of a frontman. Should be noted that the drummer's Dad passed away, so Ray Luzier (Korn, Army of Anyone, David Lee Roth) has been filling in at the end of the tour.

STP had Meat Puppets with them when I saw them in the '90s. That's cool that they're playing together again. At the time I wasn't a fan of either band, I was just tagging along with some friends (and because I knew Meat Puppets was a band I should like based on them having been on SST Records). I don't remember the concert much, but I remember being impressed that STP played an excellent version of David Bowie's "Andy Warhol".

I saw STP - I can't remember what year it was, I think late 90's. anyways, Cheap Trick opened for them. Cheap Trick put on such an awesome show, I didn't care about STP anymore.