Another new Wilco song inside from Bridge School

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone upload "One Wing" and "Sunny Feeling," and even the Wilco tune from Colbert if they've got it. I seem to have lost those first two when I switched computers. Thanks.

Here they are

One wing

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rof5y

Sunny feeling

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nsyh3u

Enjoy

I hate to be negative but those songs are pretty lame in my estimation......They seem flat and uninspired and don't seem to have much of a hook to keep you listening.......I hope the next album has more life to it than the three or four songs I've heard so far........Might they be tired from the road?

Yeah, I find myself in agreement with much of this. The Colbert song is fucking fantastic, but the other four or five really have me worried, since I don't love any of them. If these are a fair indication of the new record, this could be the first Wilco album I actually don't care for. I like the Motown-meets-Mermaid-meets-On and On and On tune, but it's hardly anything to write home about.

I hate to be negative but those songs are pretty lame in my estimation......They seem flat and uninspired and don't seem to have much of a hook to keep you listening.......I hope the next album has more life to it than the three or four songs I've heard so far........Might they be tired from the road?

Yeah, I find myself in agreement with much of this. The Colbert song is fucking fantastic, but the other four or five really have me worried, since I don't love any of them. If these are a fair indication of the new record, this could be the first Wilco album I actually don't care for. I like the Motown-meets-Mermaid-meets-On and On and On tune, but it's hardly anything to write home about.

Just curious for those who didn't state why, I was just wondering what is so wrong with these new songs? For me, while I don't love all of the new songs, I can say that I do love the "Crush the Cities" song from the second night of the Benefit. I can see so much potential in this song as well and the one from the first night. For the songs being in their early stages, I have more hope in the progress of the album, right now, then I did at the same point in the album making process with 'Sky Blue Sky.' The Colbert song is great! I really did enjoyed it, very fun song. I just hope it's not on the new album. :blush

Hey Everyone,

I noticed someone posted a lyric request. I don't usually like doing these things especially considering these songs have only been played once.

Case in point : I don't know if anyone noticed or bothered to post it but the Sunny Feeling lyrics on the 08-04 show are different in the 2nd verse. I'm not sure if Jeff forgot them and just made them up which is what it sounds like. He kind of rushes through the 2nd verse after the 1st chorus.

Anyways, the new song on October 26th I really love and tried to decipher the lyrics. I would like any additional help you can offer in this song. There's a few parts that I just can't quite make it out. As always we tend to really embrace or dislike something that's new from a band. I tend to keep listening to these new songs a lot since it's a breath of fresh air and makes the classics that much better when one returns to them.

Wilco - October 26th, 2008

Wake up we

Hey Everyone Again,

Wow. I really really like the song on the 25th a lot more now that I have listened to the song and have kind of understood the lyrics while reading them.

I picture the song set with the Spanish Conquistadors. Sounds crazy, but the sound and lyrics provoke images of The Fountain.

Although, of course the song can obviously be set in modern times. Anyways, it is quite brilliant. What a hook and the instrumentation is awesome. Can't wait to hear this with the band plugged in.

Hopefully, some more of you out there can shed light on this song's lyrics. I tried my best and it is a bit long and repetitive.

Wilco October 25, 2008

Although

Although

Although I Love For You

I

Hey Everyone Again,

Wow. I really really like the song on the 25th a lot more now that I have listened to the song and have kind of understood the lyrics while reading them.

I picture the song set with the Spanish Conquistadors. Sounds crazy, but the sound and lyrics provoke images of The Fountain.

Although, of course the song can obviously be set in modern times. Anyways, it is quite brilliant. What a hook and the instrumentation is awesome. Can't wait to hear this with the band plugged in.

Hopefully, some more of you out there can shed light on this song's lyrics. I tried my best and it is a bit long and repetitive.

Wilco October 25, 2008

Although

Although

Although I Love For You

I