No Electricity, No Heat - New England

Who's fault?

God's fault - he should have fertilized Mary with his magic semen in October or November of the preceding year, rather than like, March or April of AD 1 (or would that be BC something or other?).

IHVH decided to throw this holiday to the Southern Hemisphere, where Dec. 25 is really nice. He moves in mysterious ways.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of bad weather - here is what happened to the garages on the other side of my building last night.

Damn. How did that happen, man? Wind?

Damn. How did that happen, man? Wind?

I heard it was due to ice build-up and rain. The building has been ready to go for years - it was over near 80 years old (or close to it - anyhow). No upkeep had been done to it for a long time. I figure the person who owns the house behind it will be busy here shortly. I don't think the fire department was too happy about spending their Christmas Eve working on it. The area in front of the ruble is trashed - it looks like a water tank erupted in the street.

• 1 month later...

Still no power for us. Although it sucks, we don't have it near as bad as most in the area. I'm just more bored than anything. 15 miles north of us looks like a war zone. You make your own road to get around. Just dodge the trees, and try not to hit anyone's house. My state has taken a beating over the past year, but as humans always do - we find a way to survive.

They are saying in some areas it could be up to 8 weeks before power is restored. Hopefully, this is just some urban legend that started out of boredom.

One bright spot in all of this is hearing the stories about folks sitting around candle with friends, family, and neighbors talking, reconnecting, playing cards and board games, etc. You hear things like this, and wonder is this whole thing really that bad.

Still no power for us. Although it sucks, we don't have it near as bad as most in the area. I'm just more bored than anything. 15 miles north of us looks like a war zone. You make your own road to get around. Just dodge the trees, and try not to hit anyone's house. My state has taken a beating over the past year, but as humans always do - we find a way to survive.

They are saying in some areas it could be up to 8 weeks before power is restored. Hopefully, this is just some urban legend that started out of boredom.

One bright spot in all of this is hearing the stories about folks sitting around candle with friends, family, and neighbors talking, reconnecting, playing cards and board games, etc. You hear things like this, and wonder is this whole thing really that bad.

Really dumb question...if you guys have no power how are you using your computer? Do you have a back up generator?

My thoughts to all of you without power in Arkansas and Kentucky! :hmm

Really dumb question...if you guys have no power how are you using your computer? Do you have a back up generator?

My thoughts to all of you without power in Arkansas and Kentucky! :hmm

I'm at work which is in 60 miles away in Memphis.

Some of my ice photos from this week! We had a city-wide blackout for a few days. It was crazy but power is back to most of the town now.

l_7b4662a0c4b54268bce1cb312657bba9.jpg

I found this neato layer thing going on when I cleaned the ice of of my truck.

l_0d52e863a60940e49219ebd725a38be3.jpg

Those trees used to be standing upright. :ohwell

l_3a9ad4ed436e45f28d69d5cafd17dffb.jpg

Trucksicle!

l_c355f37a8b1648a0b4a860d3a6a1881d.jpg

Llynnsicle on day one before it got really bad.

That has not happened where I live. But - every night on the news, there are scenes of wrecked SUVs all over the place. Also - we are having a lot of water pipes breaking under the street - mainly downtown.