RIP Joe! i jammed out to london calling at the gym. think i'll listen to streetcore on my way to work

I think I listen to Streetcore as much as I do any other album.

Not many go out at their peek. I wish like heck that he was still around but definitely glad I had a chance to see him once.

I have a Clash question actually. In the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" there is a song called "MIA" that is credited to Strummer and the rest of the Clash members. It does not seem to be on any of the releases I have (I have all the early to later releases on LP, but not every single thing ever released) so I was just wondering if anyone knows where this song is from.

LouieB

MIA's song Paper Planes heavily samples the Clash's Straight to Hell. My favorite Clash song ever.

Hmmm...okay that could be it. It appeared that song was titled MIA, but there was no recognizable Clash number in the movie and you know how fast the music credits scroll by. thanks. That may clear up that mystery.

LouieB

Well done Uncle Bunk.

From Willesden to Cricklewood

As I went it all looked good

Thought about my babies grown

Thought about going home

Thought about what's done is done

We're alive and that's the one

Beautiful. Thanks Joe.

I was about Bunk's nephew's age when The Clash first hit. I didn't listen to them at the time - I too was deeply into Zep/Floyd/Hendrix etc. But as I hit my twenties I started getting into Joe's music, and now (of course) I think Strummer and Co. made some of the most important music of the last 30 years.

Thanks, Joe.

Hmmm...okay that could be it. It appeared that song was titled MIA, but there was no recognizable Clash number in the movie and you know how fast the music credits scroll by. thanks. That may clear up that mystery.

LouieB

I think I remember reading somewhere that MIA had a couple of songs in the movie, one being the Straight to Hell sampled one. I could be way off base here, but I seem to remember reading that.

Anyway, I'm at a loss of words for describing the role that Joe has played in my life and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that his music and character have been great influences. Miss ya Joe.

MIA's song Paper Planes heavily samples the Clash's Straight to Hell. My favorite Clash song ever.

Of course, no one nowadays even knows that it was the Clash that made that song good. :hmm

God bless his soul. Joe Strummer was the first real cool dude I ever got into. Only a few good men can consider themselves "gamechangers," and Strummer was one of those people.

I think I remember reading somewhere that MIA had a couple of songs in the movie, one being the Straight to Hell sampled one. I could be way off base here, but I seem to remember reading that.

Of course, no one nowadays even knows that it was the Clash that made that song good. :hmm
Thanks all for clearing this up for me, that has to be the deal. The song in question is punky sounding, but not totally Clash-like and frankly while watching a movie sometimes it is hard to catch the incidental or background music. When that popped up at the end, I thought...what the fuck? How did I miss a Clash song? Now I know.

LouieB

Thanks all for clearing this up for me, that has to be the deal. The song in question is punky sounding, but not totally Clash-like and frankly while watching a movie sometimes it is hard to catch the incidental or background music. When that popped up at the end, I thought...what the fuck? How did I miss a Clash song? Now I know.

LouieB