Wow. Good question. There've been a few.

Most recently, probably: Def Leppard.

Not only their old catalog (at least through Pyromania), but they also released a killer record in '06 of all covers that prompted the rediscovery. They ain't nothin' brilliant, just a great straight-up rock band. At least when they want to be.

Drivin n' Cryin'/Kevn Kinney

I saw them opening for Living Colour when I was in college and they were pretty great. Only recently, I started listening to Kevn Kinney's first solo album again and was really digging it. So I went back to the DnC stuff and was not as impressed with it as I was back in the day. Still, the Kinney stuff alone is worth mentioning ... good stuff.

Drivin n' Cryin'/Kevn Kinney

I saw them opening for Living Colour when I was in college and they were pretty great. Only recently, I started listening to Kevn Kinney's first solo album again and was really digging it. So I went back to the DnC stuff and was not as impressed with it as I was back in the day. Still, the Kinney stuff alone is worth mentioning ... good stuff.

i believe they just played what could be their final show over the weekend in atlanta

isn't kinney playing around ny these days with aaron tasjan and the madison square gardeners?

genesis big-time over the past 18 months or so

Hey, have you seen that new genesis '70-'75 boxset? I was talking to a friend who got it for Xmas and he said there was tons of video footage in that sucker! We've made plans to get together and watch some of it. :dancing

Hey, have you seen that new genesis '70-'75 boxset? I was talking to a friend who got it for Xmas and he said there was tons of video footage in that sucker! We've made plans to get together and watch some of it. :dancing

yeah, i've read about that ... apparently the US version has song titles throughout each video? which is driving people crazy .. instad of fading them out after a few seconds

i'm not a big video guy ... just happy listening to some of the remarkable live shows --> oct. 13 1978 chicago ... april 18, 1972 in rome ... oct. 20, 1973 in london ....

live genesis is just ridiculous

i saw 'em about 20 times from the lamb tour through and then there were 3 and finding their stuff has aged beautifully

i still can't play the cinema show solo on the keys though

Earlier this week I DLed basically the entire back catalog of Jethro Tull, and listened to Thick as a Brick in its entirety yesterday. It was even better than I remembered; likely because my audio equipment is waaaaay better than it was in 1976 :yay

Earlier this week I DLed basically the entire back catalog of Jethro Tull, and listened to Thick as a Brick in its entirety yesterday. It was even better than I remembered; likely because my audio equipment is waaaaay better than it was in 1976 :yay

somebody sent me a scaled-down thick as a brick a friend of his put together, eliminating some of the repetition on the second half and the drum solo

it's like 22 minutes and doesn't drag ... really awesome