New Year's Eve Plans

Isn't it funny how when you WANT them go to sleep (for example on a sleepover Sunday night the girls stayed up until 1:30a) they won't but when you want them to STAY UP you have to play this every few minutes...

The girls were suppose to go to this huge kid bash at their uncle's but the damn snow cancelled that. So they're settling for movies, Chinese food, dancing and watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve with Mom :party

Luckily, the only plan I had to cancel was running down to the b/f's restaurant before midnight.

I have a friend hosting a 2nd annual pajama party. Kids aged 8 & under come in their pajamas and eat mac & cheese while watching a movie through and LCD projector projected onto a bedsheet. The grown ups eat grown up food and drink grown up drink (my contributions are Bourbon County Stout and Anchor Steam Holiday).

Home by 8:30, probably, asleep by oh... 11.

Okay, home by 10:30, kids passed out as their heads hit their pillows. Asleep myself, still by 11 if I'm lucky.

A quiet evening at home with the fambly, with homemade potato salad and buffalo chicken wings, and in deference to my latest round of bronchitis, regular doses of codeine cough syrup, chased by something! Anything! to get that nasty taste out of my mouth....midnight will feature some tantalizing sounding almond-flavored champagne, followed by us all trooping outdoors with big pots and pans and huge wooden or serving spoons, and banging loudly to alert the entire local vicinity that, thank God, the crummy year of 2008 has finally ended.

Should be good, noisy fun. Yay 2009! :dance May it bless us all.

Oh no....I didn't know you were one of those "pot bangers"! :lol When Poca and I were first together we lived in this apartment, and next door was this woman who would periodically go outside and bang pots to scare the birds out of her trees so they wouldn't poop on her '66 Mustang convertible. She was crazier than 10 loons, I tell ya.

Oh no....I didn't know you were one of those "pot bangers"! :lol When Poca and I were first together we lived in this apartment, and next door was this woman who would periodically go outside and bang pots to scare the birds out of her trees so they wouldn't poop on her '66 Mustang convertible. She was crazier than 10 loons, I tell ya.

Yep, that's me. :stunned Only I only do it once a year, usually on New Year's Eve.

I boogie woogied in the woods. :dancing

My friends live out in the middle of nowhere in a place they've built. It's one of those fab hippie set-ups where we get to wander off into the woods to pee by moonlight. Not that that's a bad thing at all, I dig it. I had Hornsby's Cider, Rum & Coke, live music, and my two closest male friends making Loretta sandwiches on the dance floor til we passed out around 2:30. Good times all around.