New Year's Eve Plans

I have a friend hosting a 2nd annual pajama party. Kids aged 8 & under come in their pajamas and eat mac & cheese while watching a movie through and LCD projector projected onto a bedsheet. The grown ups eat grown up food and drink grown up drink (my contributions are Bourbon County Stout and Anchor Steam Holiday).

Home by 8:30, probably, asleep by oh... 11.

Tonight's my son's 10th birthday (born at 11:43pm) & for 10 years we have spent the night as a family, going out for dinner (Fynn's choice) & come home, watch a movie & then watch the Ball drop.

But tonight, after dinner out, the boys go to the mother-in-laws & we are going to a house party.

I'm drinking Crown Royal tonight!

Bar-hopping around Belleville, if I get my cough under control.

If not, I'm going to stay home and get ripped on Robitussin. Yes!

I am on my own this NYE, but I think I will have a Black Sabbath party with myself. Stream a concert from Wolfgang's Vault and watch the movie "Black Sabbath," which I have from teh Netflix.

I am on my own this NYE, but I think I will have a Black Sabbath party with myself. Stream a concert from Wolfgang's Vault and watch the movie "Black Sabbath," which I have from teh Netflix.

You should go out and look for Arlo.

I will be at home furiously making the following:

• peanut butter fudge for the great budlong fudge-off
  • a Pittsburgh steelers scarf for my brother in law
  • a coffee cake

plus packing for a trip north.

Caliber will be home around 830 and maybe we'll drink a tiny bottle of champagne and then watch some Law and Order.

Guest Speed Racer

Recovering from a flu.

OR, recovering from a flu at a party where a certain lady will be (and exploding my sinus all over her?)

OR, recovering from a flu at home with a house guest.

OR, recovering from a flu at a party where a certain lady will be (and exploding my sinus all over her?) with a house guest in tow.

The possibilities for humiliation are endless!

Either JGB w/Steve Kimock or stay in and read.

Now listen here, brother - you ain't THAT old. Get your ass down to see Steve and get your mind blown!

Poca and I will be going to my friend's studio for a jam, then serious liquid medicinal intake until the ball drops.

Ha! I'll most likely go as my name got added to the guest list in a push to get me out tonight.

The thing is, it's at my friends bar and the show ends at around 2. Then he has another band, (Eric McFadden, I think), playing from 2-6 a.m. at another of his joints. Then, at 7 a.m., he's got Vince Herman and Great American Taxi playing at yet another venue, with bloodys and breakfast served. The crew I'm hanging with tonight wants to do all three and there's no way I will make it (upright, at least)....

Though it sounds as if you might be able to make it if you were here....

Lammy, I'd be all over it if I could be there. Have a good one man - tell me how it went for you when it's convenient.

by " when it's convenient" , you mean, " when you come out of the coma" , i assume

A quiet evening at home with the fambly, with homemade potato salad and buffalo chicken wings, and in deference to my latest round of bronchitis, regular doses of codeine cough syrup, chased by something! Anything! to get that nasty taste out of my mouth....midnight will feature some tantalizing sounding almond-flavored champagne, followed by us all trooping outdoors with big pots and pans and huge wooden or serving spoons, and banging loudly to alert the entire local vicinity that, thank God, the crummy year of 2008 has finally ended.

Should be good, noisy fun. Yay 2009! :dance May it bless us all.

a few of us crashed at a friends place, had some beers and watched TV... could be stuffed going into the city this year.

heh, a couple of girls were throwing up in the toilet before midnight, thanks to a mix of tequila and whiskey! :barf