Bruce Springsteen 2009 Tour Dates

>wienberg's kid is the shit. his drum fills are total rock and roll!

>i also sat behind the stage by the new keyboard dude. some one needs to tell that dude to focus on the keys and not trying to get the crowd to stand up. he just acted like a cheesy cheerleader the whole time and hardly played an notes on the keys. if bruce only knew!

>fyi-my opinion of working on a dream as changed a bit. it's about half good. listening to magic, one can see that bruce was really scraping the bottom for some of the dream tunes.

I absolutely agree with all of that. Funny you say that about the new keys guy. I thought that during the show and afterward a friend said, "How about less whooping it up and more playing. He hasn't been there long enough to earn the right to get away with that."

And about 4 or 5 of the new tunes are very good, with a few clunkers. Queen of the Supermarket is good music but cringeworthy lyrics. Outlaw Pete is just a drag. But Kingdom of Days and Dream sounded terrific.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>wienberg's kid is the shit. his drum fills are total rock and roll!

>i also sat behind the stage by the new keyboard dude. some one needs to tell that dude to focus on the keys and not trying to get the crowd to stand up. he just acted like a cheesy cheerleader the whole time and hardly played an notes on the keys. if bruce only knew!

>fyi-my opinion of working on a dream as changed a bit. it's about half good. listening to magic, one can see that bruce was really scraping the bottom for some of the dream tunes.

I absolutely agree with all of that. Funny you say that about the new keys guy. I thought that during the show and afterward a friend said, "How about less whooping it up and more playing. He hasn't been there long enough to earn the right to get away with that."

And about 4 or 5 of the new tunes are very good, with a few clunkers. Queen of the Supermarket is good music but cringeworthy lyrics. Outlaw Pete is just a drag. But Kingdom of Days and Dream sounded terrific.

your friend was right on. it was cool to see his FAT book of songs though.

i'm with you on dream. prolly could have put half of magic and half of dream together to make one killer album. i'll probably warm up to dream though.

outlaw pete-major mis-step. should have been the bonus track, not the wrestler

lucky day, dream-both great songs

queen-kind of good, but bad bad lyrics. as you said, cringe

what love can do-toss off

this life-the beach boy songs on magic are much much better

tomorrow never knows-fun, but not essential

life itself-bad

surprise-great and fun.

last carnival-classic latter day bruce

wrestler-classic latter day bruce

kingdom of days-good but a bit cheesy

good eye-love it!

The misstep of Outlaw Pete as the opening track will be discussed for decades. At best it should be buried in the 6 to 8 slot, without the expectations of the opening track. It says a lot that he is not opening the show with a new tune (like The Rising or Radio Nowhere) and only playing 3 or 4 new songs a night. He'd jam 6 or 7 Magic songs at us, whether they worked or not. Remember Devil's Arcade or Gypsy Biker?

I just reread the rules thread and found nothing against posting this as it isn't Wilco or Tweedy. If I need glasses, I apologize and please remove it. This is pretty damned cool. I was hoping to get to see/hear it.

http://www.youaintnopicasso.com/2009/04/30...ing-by-request/

The misstep of Outlaw Pete as the opening track will be discussed for decades. At best it should be buried in the 6 to 8 slot, without the expectations of the opening track. It says a lot that he is not opening the show with a new tune (like The Rising or Radio Nowhere) and only playing 3 or 4 new songs a night. He'd jam 6 or 7 Magic songs at us, whether they worked or not. Remember Devil's Arcade or Gypsy Biker?

true, he played everything off magic. i can't believe he isn't even doing lucky day.

It says a lot that he is not opening the show with a new tune (like The Rising or Radio Nowhere) and only playing 3 or 4 new songs a night. He'd jam 6 or 7 Magic songs at us, whether they worked or not. Remember Devil's Arcade or Gypsy Biker?

I am really surprised as well. I was convinced that Good Eye would be awesome live.. like a modern-day Ramrod. I also would've expected him to open up the encores with The Last Carnival in the same way he did with City of Ruins on the Rising tour. At the very least, I'm pleased this isn't a rehash of the Magic tour. There are definitely distinctive sections of the set and their choice of openers and closers seem to be working really well

Oh, and Gypsy Biker rules. I didn't see it live, so I can't attest to its quality, or lack of in concert, but the record version is great.

I am really surprised as well. I was convinced that Good Eye would be awesome live.. like a modern-day Ramrod. I also would've expected him to open up the encores with The Last Carnival in the same way he did with City of Ruins on the Rising tour. At the very least, I'm pleased this isn't a rehash of the Magic tour. There are definitely distinctive sections of the set and their choice of openers and closers seem to be working really well

Oh, and Gypsy Biker rules. I didn't see it live, so I can't attest to its quality, or lack of in concert, but the record version is great.

good eye would be a kick ass opener!

I'm gonna make a double-sided request sign for the Charlottesville show: "Paradise By The C" on oneside and "Seaside Bar Song" on the other.

• 3 months later...

From Bruce Springsteen.net:

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE LEGENDARY E STREET BAND FINALIZE REMAINING 2009 TOUR DATES, ADDING SHOWS IN PHILADELPHIA, BALTIMORE, DES MOINES, AND BUFFALO

LANDMARK ALBUM 'BORN TO RUN' TO BE PERFORMED IN ITS ENTIRETY IN CHICAGO AND NASHVILLE

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band have added five additional headlining U.S. concert dates to their 2009 'Working On a Dream' tour to satisfy fan demand. Springsteen has now sold over two million concert tickets in 2009 alone.

They will perform the entirety of the landmark album 'Born To Run' at concerts on September 20 in Chicago, IL and November 18 in Nashville, TN.

In addition to headlining concerts with the E Street Band on their own tour, Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th anniversary concert in New York on October 29 and will share the stage with Simon & Garfunkel, Stevie Wonder, and others.

That seems to be the thing to do now, along with bands doing cover albums. At least he hasn't done one of those. Still, I'd love to hear Meeting Across The River.

From Bruce Springsteen.net:

That seems to be the thing to do now, along with bands doing cover albums. At least he hasn't done one of those. Still, I'd love to hear Meeting Across The River.

i know it's a bit cliche, but when i saw them do BTR, the song, last april in atlanta, it was incredible!

btw, been enjoying tunnel of love lately. very strong songs.