Just went to Target and saw GI Joe figures for sale with exact same packaging and everything from when I used to collect as a kid growing up. Nice, brings back some fun memories. No doubt they are trying to bring it back bigtime with the new movie coming out. Probably see another cartoon series soon.

Not so sure what to think of the movie because I usally dont get into all these old classics being remade into something very different. But I do like seeing the figures back with identical packaging. Makes me want to collect them again and be a kid. Anyways I bought Snake Eyes to give as birthday gift for one of my friends that is my age. I'm sure he will get a kick out of it.

You guys out there know what I'm talking about?

Its just the toys I grew up with. Was it 70's that had kung fu grip?

yes and i was just busting balls. i enjoyed the cartoon for 80's version as well and my younger borther had a bunch of the toys. i think the movie looks both awful and fun as hell...but i had fun w/ the transformers flick, so whatever.

yes and i was just busting balls. i enjoyed the cartoon for 80's version as well and my younger borther had a bunch of the toys. i think the movie looks both awful and fun as hell...but i had fun w/ the transformers flick, so whatever.

I vowed never on Transformers and then enjoyed the hell out of it. I saw the trailer for CI Joe and though "no ... frickin' ... way ..."

Transformers and GI Joe was the utlimate in my childhood, especially Transformers. The movie was very disappointing in terms of being a Transformers movie that I remembered as Transformers but nonetheless had good action and was ok as a movie about robots that transformed.

I dont expect much from GI Joe, but I think I have to see what they do with it.

I had a Big Jim doll back in the day, which I think was a derivative of GI Joe. He had a karate chop and a karate studio - complete with break-apart boards for him to smash his manly fist through...

I have one of those.