So I've been on a huge TREX kick lately and it came to me (I can't be the first one with this thought) that KOL are this generations TREX. Simple, repetitive, groove based sexual innuedo rock that is for the masses, panned by critics, can't break in the US, loved in the UK, finnally break in the US, get loaded on booze and coke and start the inevitable downward slide. Ok the last part hasn't happened yet, but I think this analogy works and I love both of these bands. So I'm happy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caleb kept saying things like "I will remember this night forever", and the usual "you are the greatest fans" kind of stuff that just rang hollow. It felt like a by the books, closely choreographed rock show with no real spontaneity

red Rocks is pretty high up on the list of dream gigs. That statement seems entirely genuine to me, but I didn't hear him say it.

The "you are the greatest fans" thing does seem hollow, but then again, I've seen him give the finger and turn his back on the audnece, so who knows? He probably kept saying those things because he was euphoric over the fact that he and his family were onstage at Red Rocks...and very likely high on cocaine.

red Rocks is pretty high up on the list of dream gigs. That statement seems entirely genuine to me, but I didn't hear him say it.

The "you are the greatest fans" thing does seem hollow, but then again, I've seen him give the finger and turn his back on the audnece, so who knows? He probably kept saying those things because he was euphoric over the fact that he and his family were onstage at Red Rocks...and very likely high on cocaine.

You could be right, maybe I am just being cynical. I know they are huge in the UK so maybe it is a big deal to be headlining red rocks finally. It just sounded kind of rote but I'm not all that familiar with them in general.

Sorry, but Kings of Leon have sucked for years now. The Southern Strokes thing they mined on Youth and Young Manhood was fun and worthwhile, but this Southern U2 bullshit is rom-com soundtrack nonsense. They never should have shaved their moustaches, either.

Sorry, but Kings of Leon have sucked for years now. The Southern Strokes thing they mined on Youth and Young Manhood was fun and worthwhile, but this Southern U2 bullshit is rom-com soundtrack nonsense. They never should have shaved their moustaches, either.

I actually like the new album better than the previous 2 although I have not listened to them a bunch. I still think the 2nd album is the best. I do get a sense that they are becoming this big polished, choreographed rock band based on the Red Rocks show last night. I don't go to many big rock shows as I vastly prefer small clubs so that could have something to do with it. Maybe I'm just not used to the big spectacle shows with the big lights and video monitors, maybe I was grumpy because I had to work today, I don't know. I did hear a few people around me say the same thing though, that he was laying the "you are the best crowd ever" stuff on a little thick. It just did not sound genuine and they looked somewhat bored on stage. But maybe that's how they have always been.