I think it is pretty safe to say that i'm one of those crazy cat ladies and the only baths I've ever given were flea baths for kittens. Any other kitty who needs to be cleaned up for one reason or another gets a warm damp washcloth. I have never had a vet who recommended actual baths.

My black cat is an indoor cat who goes outside a couple times a day to play. He did play in some mud a week or so ago and I just made him stay outside until it was dry and it brushed right off. He's always clean and shiny and has never had fleas. He's never had a bath either.

The people who use to live above me when I moved here about 16 years ago use to wash their cat every week. They would never let it outside - so I don't know why it needed to be washed so much. The cat was a bit odd - it almost barked like a dog, and liked to grab people's hands and bite them. All of my cat friends are strays or outside cats who spend almost all of their time running free. I was trying to teach a certain cat to meow the Banana Splits theme song the other day, but she would not go for it though.

I tried the leash/harness thing once.

After struggling to get it on properly, we brought her outside where she proceeded to get out of the harness in about 3 seconds and booked into the alley. I found her after some time hiding in a bush. Brought back in the house, where she remained for 7 years until we moved from Chicago. Then that cat took to the outdoors like a fish takes to water. Instinct is an amazing feature.

I was trying to teach a certain cat to meow the Banana Splits theme song the other day, but she would not go for it though.

Never worked on chicks for you so I wonder why you bothered at all.

I never thought cats needed baths either, but this is my first so I'm just going by what my vet said. Weird. What about brushing teeth? She told me I'd have to do that too. I give her dental treats (the only kind I've found that she likes actually). Do any of you brush your kittie's teeth?

When I was living with my parents, we had north of 50 indoor/outdoor cats in our house over the years -- we never bathed any of them unless specifically directed by a vet. Cats clean themselves and probably will freak them out more than anything.

If your cat is already skitish, this will just make matters worse.

Chickens? This is a thread about the greatest animals on the planet - cats.

A-Man, I thought you might have had my back but it seems you are a feline fancier too. For shame!

A-Man, I thought you might have had my back but it seems you are a feline fancier too. For shame!

you need to shut up now.