Greatest album covers of all time

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know that it's an homage to the Elvis album, but still this photo is the greatest.

London-calling.jpg

Lips sucking on a marble?

Guess again. It's not lips.

Oh, and here's an obvious one that we all take for granted:

510D51P8YKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Here you go.

I need to think a bit for my favorite. (Though I always liked Aoxomoxoa, too)

Thanks calvino. I don't know if you've ever noticed, but in addition to the album title written on the bottom, it's written into the skeleton's body (with the eggs as "o"s, too. I always thought that was cool.

jesus, i hope that's on a marble on an anus :dontgetit

jupiter close up?

The joke with this one is that the album art -- which looks like an eyeball -- is actually a photo of a marble shoved up someone's anus... a little jab at the Brazilian dictatorship's office of censorship, which apparently didn't recognize a mirror when they saw one. Ze's nutty side comes dancing to the fore here, with some of his more playful, deliberately challenging arrangements. Lots of clinky, clattering percussion, dangling guitar notes and a spiritedly goofy vocal chorus. You may recognize several of these songs from the Luaka Bop collections (listed below), but if you like Ze's stuff, the album itself is a "must have," since a lot of this is not collected on the Byrne comps.
It is our intention at Via Chicago to foster an online community that is welcoming, all-ages friendly, and enjoyable for all our membership. Toward that end, we expect all posts to be civil and respectful. The following will not be tolerated: