• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys! I'll swing Calvin around when I get the final results (that's my cat's name, but I won't really swing the cat around) but it seems like everything will be fine.

Let me clarify the neck thing....he said a lot of patients have huge necks and he has to hunt around for the thyroid but mine is skinny so it was an easy job for him. :lol

I need a nap. I don't think I've slept in a week. :yawn

The big thing in my thyroid was a cyst. Thank god. They're still sending the tissue samples for testing but it's looking much more optimistic now. As soon as the needle went it the big spot on the ultrasound starting going away. I won't be 100% safe until the results come back later this week, but it's looking like everything will be fine. When the doctor was leaving he said "Don't sweat it." I take that as a good sign. He also said he loves my neck. :lol

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words and the serious vibeage. VC may have thwarted another baddie!

Awesome! Did they give you the novocaine?

Thanks, guys! I'll swing Calvin around when I get the final results (that's my cat's name, but I won't really swing the cat around) but it seems like everything will be fine.

Let me clarify the neck thing....he said a lot of patients have huge necks and he has to hunt around for the thyroid but mine is skinny so it was an easy job for him. :lol

I need a nap. I don't think I've slept in a week. :yawn

Jen, What a glorious relief! I know you won't completely relax until the lab has reported back, but for now, this is such wonderful news, and I'll bet you are just so thrilled to have it & have the procedure over with.

Instead of swinging the cat around, try this, which is harmless but you must only do it for a second. This comes courtesy of my 18-yr-old Brennan (you remember Brennan!) who learned it from his biology teacher. Hang the cat in a doorway! If you hold your cat up to the top of a door frame, in the middle, the cat will instinctively shoot out his paws and can be let go of* to hang there looking mighty silly. ("BRENNAN! Take that poor cat down!!!"**) Cat was entirely unfazed and unhurt, though he looked a bit embarrassed and befuddled. We gave him cat treats and all was right with the world again.

This is just one of the many amazing things one can learn from a high school senior with only 2 more weeks of school to go! :lol

* Not advised for the obese cat.

** Take that poor cat down!!!

Awesome! Did they give you the novocaine?

Yes, and oddly that's what made the doctor and nurse proclaim in delight that they loved my neck! They didn't have to switch to a big needle to do the biopsy after the small novocaine needle reached all the way to the thyroid. They said normally they need a needle twice the size to do the biopsy. Uhh, thanks?

Donna, I'm going to try that right now.....well, maybe tomorrow, my neck's a little sore to be lifting a cat over my head. But it can't be an obese cat? They're the ones that would look funniest hanging from a doorway. Maybe I'll try them in two days after I've healed a little more. :D

I almost feel like I'm jinxing myself by announcing all of this before the test results come back. So if you wouldn't mind, keep the vibeage going for just a few more days, even if it's just on low frequency.

I don't know how I haven't seen this post but I hope everything continues to work out well!

Thanks, Greg. It wasn't text-worthy. :)

Still having qualms about CS4 but I'm getting over it. I did my first 3D pic ysterday....Sid Vicious.

Jen, continuing vibes coming your way. As for the obese cat, if you try it just let go slowly and be mindful of whether Fatty can bear his or her own weight. :lol

The question is, which fatty should I try first? Fat Loki who is big but really long, therefore making a hanging cat that would reach halfway down the doorway, or Fat Marvin who is like a giant boulder and would make a hanging cat that would look like a bowling ball held up by two little sticks? Decisions, decisions....

Aw Jen, that's lousy!!! But you know you are just making yourself crazy, right? Take yourself out to a nice dinner and an entertaining movie...something distracting, yes!...and then get a good night's sleep so that you are fresh as a daisy to get up tomorrow and receive the excellent news you'll be getting. :thumbup

Love you, sweetie. This'll all be over very soon. :cheekkiss

Didn't hear anything yesterday, so I called the doctor this morning and they're closed until Tuesday! This is agonizing....

More vibeage. While I did not get novocaine, I did get on-the-spot analysis from the Chinese girl and a dorky guy on dual microscopes. They said it looked OK.

Didn't hear anything yesterday, so I called the doctor this morning and they're closed until Tuesday! This is agonizing....

My experience has been that when there is bad news they call you right away to tell you. oxoxoxox

My experience has been that when there is bad news they call you right away to tell you. oxoxoxox

Exactly what I was thinking. You will be fine and dandy. Take yourself out of your head this weekend. Do the cat/doorway thing. Try it with random strangers that pass by your house. You could start a craze. Like a hula hoop...ya know, for kids!