Novocaine. Got it.

Wait, you mean they won't give me megadose Vicadin or something? Bogus.

Thanks for the vibes, guys. I knew I was looking at thyroid issues but the need for a biopsy after having an ultrasound was a punch in the gut.

The first time I had it done was a non-issue. A weirdo old surgeon who reminded me of someone out of Naked Lunch gave me novocaine and was done in minutes. The next time, a nice Chinese lady, after explaining that I might die if I moved my head AT ALL during the procedure, stuck a big needle in my neck. It was only as the needle was going in that I remembered about the novocaine. It was unpleasant, but not excruciating, and sore for about a week afterwards. And it turned out that all it was was additional bonus thyroid.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could use some of the bonus stuff, as my thyroid gland is destroying itself :(

Jen, keep us posted!

I'll see what I can do. Dry ice would probably work.

Vibes from middle america

The first time I had it done was a non-issue. A weirdo old surgeon who reminded me of someone out of Naked Lunch gave me novocaine and was done in minutes. The next time, a nice Chinese lady, after explaining that I might die if I moved my head AT ALL during the procedure, stuck a big needle in my neck. It was only as the needle was going in that I remembered about the novocaine. It was unpleasant, but not excruciating, and sore for about a week afterwards. And it turned out that all it was was additional bonus thyroid.

Ooooo, a bonus thyroid! I like that! You're a freak of nature and shit!

I'm going to secretly hope it's a bonus thyroid too.

Thinking of you down in F L A. I don't know what the specific thyroid concern is but my wife had a thyroid biopsy many years ago. It came back negative, fortunately, but it was decided it would be best to remove it as a precaution against a likely malignancy. She got along fine with synthroid for years and recently, Armour (spelling?). It is more natural (supposedly). Her only fear is a World Wide Calamity disrupting the pharmaceutical industry. Keep your spirits up. No use worrying until you get actual information. :peace

The big thing in my thyroid was a cyst. Thank god. They're still sending the tissue samples for testing but it's looking much more optimistic now. As soon as the needle went it the big spot on the ultrasound starting going away. I won't be 100% safe until the results come back later this week, but it's looking like everything will be fine. When the doctor was leaving he said "Don't sweat it." I take that as a good sign. He also said he loves my neck. :lol

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words and the serious vibeage. VC may have thwarted another baddie!

The big thing in my thyroid was a cyst. Thank god. They're still sending the tissue samples for testing but it's looking much more optimistic now. As soon as the needle went it the big spot on the ultrasound starting going away. I won't be 100% safe until the results come back later this week, but it's looking like everything will be fine. When the doctor was leaving he said "Don't sweat it." I take that as a good sign. He also said he loves my neck. :lol

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words and the serious vibeage. VC may have thwarted another baddie!

Glad to hear that it sounds positive. That said, probably inappropriate of the Dr. to hit on you under the circumstances.